expoEM Autumn 2017

DerekEm8

• RMweb Premium

"Valleyfields" is all packed up, tested and all the locos and stock have been serviced so we are as ready as we will ever be for the weekend.

post-1457-0-73728700-1504775678_thumb.jpg

It will be the last show for the layout (and very likely for Ken, who feels that it is time for him to retire from rigours of the exhibition circuit) and it looks like we will be going out on a "high" as it looks to be a superb line up.

I hope lots of folk come along. This event is one of the best kept secrets in the exhibition diary. Superb layouts, trade and demonstrators but usually quite small visitor numbers.

Perhaps it is because it is seen as a minority interest show for EM modellers only but it is much more than that.

Hopefully see some RMWebbers there.

Tony 

• Like 6

Superb layouts, trade and demonstrators but usually quite small visitor numbers.

I've just been talking to Derek on the phone to wish everyone well for the weekend as I can't, for personal reasons, be there but I hope as many people as possible make the effort to go as without the support of people coming through the door such shows may not be viable at a future point with rising costs so I urge everyone who can go, to go. The grass can wait a few more days to be cut, the other jobs can wait too as supporting such events in some form is important.

Have a good weekend all.

• Like 2

This may or may not be of some comfort to Derek but I intend to be there on Saturday.  The line-up of layouts justifies making the effort.  I just hope that the M6 behaves itself, particularly in the afternoon as I would really like to be back in Bedford for the Wild Willy Barrett concert on Saturday evening!  I did look at making the trip by public transport but it is far from seamless and my last two experiences with Virginontheridiculous Trains have been less than happy.

Chris

This may or may not be of some comfort to Derek but I intend to be there on Saturday.  The line-up of layouts justifies making the effort.  I just hope that the M6 behaves itself, particularly in the afternoon as I would really like to be back in Bedford for the Wild Willy Barrett concert on Saturday evening!  I did look at making the trip by public transport but it is far from seamless and my last two experiences with Virginontheridiculous Trains have been less than happy.

Chris

M6 = add at least 2 hours to the trip

• RMweb Premium

I will just add one further thought. This show will be the first outing, in a substantially completed state, of Geoff Kent's "Black Lion Crossing".

The modelling on this layout is quite simply as good as it gets. It may even be one those shows that people will look back on in years to come and say "I was there".

It would be worth the admission price by itself.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I will just add one further thought. This show will be the first outing, in a substantially completed state, of Geoff Kent's "Black Lion Crossing".

The modelling on this layout is quite simply as good as it gets. It may even be one those shows that people will look back on in years to come and say "I was there".

It would be worth the admission price by itself.

I saw it in its early stages a couple of years ago at EXPO North...    The crossing was in but the model of the Black Lion was still to be seen

Andy

I saw it in its early stages a couple of years ago at EXPO North...    The crossing was in but the model of the Black Lion was still to be seen

Andy

I used to work across the road from the prototype pub Geoff used for the model.  That was over 50 years ago and I thought it was a lovely and unusual prototype even then.

• RMweb Gold

Just fitting some transport boards to hold The Depot's boards in pairs then they can go into the van for the trip west. Looking forward to it's first outing, it's no where near finished so please don't be alarmed!

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/106646-the-depots-low-baring-rosedale-east/page-1

• Like 5

Setting off shortly to do the basic marking out (during the school lunchtime) then final marking out after the school finishes

A bit disjointed -but hey - ho here we go.

Long day ahead.

• RMweb Premium

Just fitting some transport boards to hold The Depot's boards in pairs then they can go into the van for the trip west. Looking forward to it's first outing, it's no where near finished so please don't be alarmed!

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/106646-the-depots-low-baring-rosedale-east/page-1

I have also spent the morning making transit boards.  Tackeroo is almost ready for the van.  We are travelling up in the morning however

See you there

Andy

• RMweb Gold

All set up, except the transformer for the magnets and point motors which is at home... managed to get a replacement which will be wired up in the morning.

In the pub now...

Looking forward to seeing your new effort. Hoping to be over around the start tomorrow morning.

My grandsons have spotted an advert for the Romiley Methodists Exhibition and decided that I am taking them tomorrow afternoon. How could I refuse?

• RMweb Premium

For those traveling to set up this evening, be advised that the M6 is currently closed between J18 and 19. Signs are warning of a 2 hour delay J16 to 18.

There are a few haggard faces this evening. 7.5 hours from Bristol. Still I've seen some interesting parts of Staffordshire and Cheshire I wouldn't otherwise have seen!

But show will be open as planned and it looks fantastic. Worth the trip.

• RMweb Premium

There are a few haggard faces this evening. 7.5 hours from Bristol. Still I've seen some interesting parts of Staffordshire and Cheshire I wouldn't otherwise have seen!

But show will be open as planned and it looks fantastic. Worth the trip.

trust me... the best parts of Staffordshire are not seen from the M6.

Andy

Just got home - go to the M60 - closed at 10pm long diversion home via Stockport.

However all setup apart from 1 Layout coming tomorrow and a couple of traders.

I must really thank the exhibitors who braved the M6 today and the cross - Cheshire tour that they had to make after being diverted off the motor way. 7+ hours traveling is no fun.

See you all tomorrow

Sadly I'm not going to be able to get there.

T'other half is on holiday in sunny climes and both my usual doggy sitters and dog walker are not available. Can't leave him all day, can't bring him with me......

I think I'm 'owed' :(

Please post pics?