Wild Swan Books

Not Jeremy

• RMweb Gold

I have just added more information to the Wild Swan website, showing covers of books that have been produced since I took the business on, and also featuring a page which gives some information on forthcoming and future Wild Swan titles.

I will be endeavouring to add content to this website that will complement the books and also provide a more "content rich" experience.

http://wildswanbooks.co.uk/index.html

Simon Castens

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

I have just added more information to the Wild Swan website, showing covers of books that have been produced since I took the business on, and also featuring a page which gives some information on forthcoming and future Wild Swan titles.

I will be endeavouring to add content to this website that will complement the books and also provide a more "content rich" experience.

http://wildswanbooks.co.uk/index.html

Simon Castens

You are a very wicked man - all that money you are demanding from me in order to build yet more bookshelves (let alone buy some very interesting books).  I think Santa will have to pay a visit to Bath.

And that's wiythout mentioning 'Moocher' Green the Westbury Fireman who was teh real Fireman on the Inspector's historic journey behind the Titfield Thunderbolt>

Edited by The Stationmaster

• RMweb Gold

The photo of the platform passenger information screen announcing a delay to the Titfield train is brilliant!

Isn't it just.

I'd like to know who did it, I'm afraid I shamelessly lifted it from Facebook!

Simon

• RMweb Gold

This man is probably 50% responsible for the two new bookcases and 16 cubic feet of book space I bought last month. He MUST(n't) be stopped! ;)

Could you persuade Peter Barnfield to reproduce the PBLR pamphlet as a softcover WS book like the modelling series?, I'll buy several to help :)

• RMweb Gold

Is there any hope of a reprint of the Wisbech and Upwell volume from the early days of Wild Swan? 1986 I think the original publication date was.

I don't think a straight reprint would really cut the mustard, but that said I would really like to re-visit this subject. If you are or you know someone interested in and competent to pull together good images and write something then I'd be very interested to hear from you or about them.

Please feel free to follow this up with a pm if you have any ideas or suggestions in this regard.

Thank you for the suggestion!

Simon

• RMweb Gold

This man is probably 50% responsible for the two new bookcases and 16 cubic feet of book space I bought last month. He MUST(n't) be stopped! ;)

Could you persuade Peter Barnfield to reproduce the PBLR pamphlet as a softcover WS book like the modelling series?, I'll buy several to help :)

Well it's funny you should mention that Paul.

I do have a cunning plan in this regard and conversations are underway with Peter. I would (for myself if no-one else) dearly love to see The Portersfoote Bunting Light Railway in print and although I haven't (yet) mentioned it on the website it is a definite project as far as I am concerned.

Peripheral to this, but related, I am just about to pick up another one of Peter's own models of the PBLR from my late friend Dick Dorton's widow. (Dick had motorised it while he had it "on loan" as he used to run it on his nice 16mm portable layouts) This will mean I have a nearly complete collection of the models that Peter built, all of which are very worthy of display and would form a good promotion for any new book I would like to think.

More generally, I'm hoping to expand the website with more information around the books. First to get this treatment will be the new Bridport book, Gerry has sent me as nice additional memory of the line from Peter Squibb which I will post up soon.

Thanks very much for your kind comments!

Simon

I don't think a straight reprint would really cut the mustard, but that said I would really like to re-visit this subject. If you are or you know someone interested in and competent to pull together good images and write something then I'd be very interested to hear from you or about them.

Please feel free to follow this up with a pm if you have any ideas or suggestions in this regard.

Thank you for the suggestion!

Simon

Peter Paye?

• RMweb Gold

I do have a cunning plan in this regard and conversations are underway with Peter. I would (for myself if no-one else) dearly love to see The Portersfoote Bunting Light Railway in print and although I haven't (yet) mentioned it on the website it is a definite project as far as I am concerned.

Peripheral to this, but related, I am just about to pick up another one of Peter's own models of the PBLR from my late friend Dick Dorton's widow. (Dick had motorised it while he had it "on loan" as he used to run it on his nice 16mm portable layouts) This will mean I have a nearly complete collection of the models that Peter built, all of which are very worthy of display and would form a good promotion for any new book I would like to think.

That's the best book news since the last Discworld book came out :)

I better get in with my 7/8ths stuff so I can join in ;)

Edited by PaulRhB