Ultrascale Wheels

Blue Max

.... I hope that they can find a way forward, on their own, or with assistance of another established manufacturer to continue their excellent product.

It's going to take a good long while, that's for sure. Nine months' worth of work is a lot.

As far as another established manufacturer is concerned, Ultrascale's exacting production methods may not sit well with others. Remember what happened to Sharman Wheels. The other thing that occurs to me is that nobody, as far as I know, is being trained to succeed David Rogers in the event he decides to call it a day.

As far as another established manufacturer is concerned, Ultrascale's exacting production methods may not sit well with others. Remember what happened to Sharman Wheels. The other thing that occurs to me is that nobody, as far as I know, is being trained to succeed David Rogers in the event he decides to call it a day.

Cooper Craft?   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• RMweb Premium

An extra £5 to pay by cheque? They are having a laugh!

A bit like their minimum UK postage charge of £6.50 "at customers own risk" (which is of course contrary to consumer legislation which provides that an online retailer is responsible for the goods until the customer receives them)

DT

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • RMweb Gold
Just now, Bucoops said:

Not sure how representative one set of Gresley Pacific NS wheels is but ordered 21st December, ready for despatch 26th July so 7 months lead time.

Pretty much in line with my expectations for my own recent order.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Bucoops said:

Not sure how representative one set of Gresley Pacific NS wheels is but ordered 21st December, ready for despatch 26th July so 7 months lead time.

I take it they don't take full payment until the wheels are ready? I've been looking at a couple of the Ultrascale conversions for EM but would baulk at providing interest-free money for that length of time.

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, Solo said:

I take it they don't take full payment until the wheels are ready? I've been looking at a couple of the Ultrascale conversions for EM but would baulk at providing interest-free money for that length of time.

That's correct - I got an email when I had reached the front of the queue asking to confirm still required, then an email requesting payment when it was ready to dispatch.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Bucoops said:

That's correct - I got an email when I had reached the front of the queue asking to confirm still required, then an email requesting payment when it was ready to dispatch.

Ah, that's good news, thank you.

• Like 1