Garratt NGG16 009 Backwoods Miniatures

Hi

I bought a Etch Brass kit and started to building  it. Got to  assembling of the chassis, the wheels in the kit are PLASTIC ,so how does the pick up from the TRACK work.

I am little confused anybody help me please.

Thank you

I've also been looking at this range. They look very good.

Their website describes all the kits as having wheels that are "steel tyres with nylon centers".

Is your kit new from Backwoods, or someone else? Perhaps the wheels aren't as originally supplied? You can probably get replacements from Backwoods though.

• RMweb Gold

Yes plastic centres with metal tyres. Backwoods is currently changing to a new owner as it has been on hold for some time as Pete's become a full time carer as his wife is ill with dementia. It says on the website that he is in negotiations but no timescale that he can give.

Yes plastic centres with metal tyres. Backwoods is currently changing to a new owner as it has been on hold for some time as Pete's become a full time carer as his wife is ill with dementia. It says on the website that he is in negotiations but no timescale that he can give.

Good Day

Sorry on closer inspection i saw they are metal tyres , i was fooled by all the black.The pick wires are supplied with the kit.

Thank you

• 4 months later...

Seems they have finally closed down as the website has disappeared and every email I send is bouncing 'address does not exist'.

Best Regards,
Adrian Hall
----------------------------------
THE UK Model Shops Directory
**British Model Railway Awards**
**Website of the Year 2016**
http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk