Map of all Network Rail land and property

Another excuse to spend time "map surfing"   :D

The drill-down data for NR property itself definitely exists too - we had an internal system called "Marlin" that showed us which bits we owned and what was then operational RT/NR, TOC, FOC, etc etc ..... very useful

• RMweb Premium

Interesting map. Can be a little misleading as it shows ownership of underground features. There are a couple of mines that I noticed that showed as overseas ownership. If you took the map at face value it would have suggested that these overseas owners owned a lot of houses, shops and factories that are built over the top of the mine workings. 

That's a very good find.  The polygons on the map look very precise, especially around embankments and bridges.

There's also a list of bridges owned by Network Rail (https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/bridges_managed_by_network_rail) which I converted to a Google Earth file in an attempt to find good trainspotting locations.  Turns out there are a couple of Network Rail owned bridges carrying public footpaths near me.  I don't know what the forum rules or licence of the data say, or I would share the Google Earth file here.

Excellent find thanks for posting, although living in Wales I looked up my local area where I often wondered who owned parcels of land where for some reason no one yet built or done anything about, even a few where disputes have arisen.

Noticed a lot of land owned by national rail and other public bodies most interesting