RMweb

12 Wheel Pullmans + Bournemouth Belle train pack

kiltedsignaller

I had pre-ordered the coach pack from Rails but got an apologetic email recently saying they had been short supplied and could not fulfill the order. I got straight onto The Signal Box (thanks for the tip, Ian J.!) and my credit card has now been debited so it should be on the way.

Looking forward to getting this as I particularly wanted the 12 wheel brake.

Nice video clip, robmcg. cool.gif

Now SRman where are you going to run all those nice new Pullmans?

I am not sure that any 12 wheelers are ending up in the North East of england which by a quirk of fate is West of you! :P :P

BTW the A3 is running beautifully with 4 coaches on... just have to adjust the 3 A4's and another A3!

Well, Doug, the Pullmans frequently got swapped between the SR and the LNER/ER - it won't be too hard to make up a little white lie to excuse them running on your layout! tongue.gif I'll bring some malachite green over to "recolour" one of those LNER machines of yours to match (p.s. It might even make them run better, too!). laugh.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Recieved supplementary carriage pack after pre-order from Hattons and finally made this video.. carriages all excellent, added a two 8-wheelers for video, and 12-wheel 'Monaco'. Loco had a few issues, a loose wire into 4-pin plug and coupling rod fouled connecting rod, but runs beautifully now, plenty of adhesion for the 9-total tried so far.

I've just received my pack from Mega Model Shop (ordered on Tuesday). Very impressed.

Dave

Ditto the above. Mine arrived from The Signal Box, and they are superb! There are differences between each coach, such as matchboarding or sheeted sides, different door and end window shapes, different main window ventilators, and different brake gear arrangements. Very thorough detail work from Hornby. cool.gif

• 2 months later...

Hi All.

Just letting it be known that a couple of the latest releases of Hornby Pullman12 - wheelers, R 4385 Parlour 3rd. 'Car No.98' & R 4419 Parlour 3rd 'Car No.249', were also 'regulars' in the B'm'th Belle's formation.

Blank roofboards are included, and it's left up to you modellers to apply suitable lettering, and attach the boards to the roof brackets

Regards, Ceptic..

• 10 years later...

Just picked up coaches from the initial train pack [R2819] - now on the look out for the expansion pack [R4381]!

These really are beautiful coaches and when I think it is surprising that Hornby have not released any more for these heavyweight 12-wheelers in around a decade.

Also as mentioned above, they only ever did the TK in said expansion set.

I am sure they would be popular if re-released or indeed the never released (in hi-spec lit form) cream-topped Pullman liveried vehicles.

• Agree 3

My regret is that I sold off my dozen or so  new 12-wheelers very cheaply several years ago plus the Pullman observation car.   It is unbelievable how much Hattons are asking for these cars now.   The coaches are up around GBP80.00 each and the observation car around GBP125.00.   I purchased them new and paid less than a third the asking price now.    I did keep just one 12-wheeler just to remind me of the folly of getting rid of them.

............. though Hornby would have to be persuaded to put four-wheeled 'American' bogies under some Parlour Firsts to make the 1923 'Guard Parlours' Aurora, Flora, Juno & Montana ................... or - rather less likely - to produce SECR 'birdcage' Corridor Brake Tri-Composites with which the twelve-wheelers often ran in earlier years.

On 07/10/2021 at 14:07, Wickham Green too said:

............. though Hornby would have to be persuaded to put four-wheeled 'American' bogies under some Parlour Firsts to make the 1923 'Guard Parlours' Aurora, Flora, Juno & Montana ................... or - rather less likely - to produce SECR 'birdcage' Corridor Brake Tri-Composites with which the twelve-wheelers often ran in earlier years.

I seem to recall that Hornby have a “Montana” already? ;)

Edited by Ruffnut Thorston
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1