Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Cab Glazing to Bachmann A2/3 Conversions

Hi 

I wonder if any can help or advise me please on an issue with cab glazing.

I have two Bachmann A2/3 conversions using  Bachmann A2 loco donors and the Graeme King resin parts which includes a replacement resin locomotive cab.

I need to glaze both the front and side windows to both locos and have found it impossible to apply clear plastic film glued to the inside of the cabs as I have often done before due to possible unevenness of the cab inside faces.

I have seen somewhere you can apply a form of glazing using a brush and dragging the material across the window aperture.

Can anyone recommend whose product this is and is it successful and reasonably easy to apply, and more important does it look OK.

Regards

David

Can you use the side windows from the A2 cab. Kristal Klear is another brand for glazing windows.

Many thanks to you both for taking the time to reply to my enquiry.

I could not reuse the existing side windows from the two donor Bachmann A2's as the cabs were disposed.

We are carrying out five conversations all being worked on at the same time.

I have since decided that I will have another go at cutting out the glazing using thin acrylic sheeting as I have read that the brush on glazing does not look very effective.

My own two A2/3 converted locomotive bodies are now almost fully completed apart from the cab glazing issue and a few very minor items still to be added, i.e. the RA9 cab side transfers (I have no idea where to obtain these) and a few small pipe runs to the loco boilers.

I will post some photos of them both over the next few days on my Haymarket 64B thread with more technical details on their construction, I will add again that both bodies and their tenders are complete but the chassis are still under construction.

Thanks again.

Regards

David

Edited by landscapes

Many thanks to you both for taking the time to reply to my enquiry.

I could not reuse the existing side windows from the two donor Bachmann A2's as the cabs were disposed.

We are carrying out five conversations all being worked on at the same time.

I have since decided that I will have another go at cutting out the glazing using thin acrylic sheeting as I have read that the brush on glazing does not look very effective.

My own two A2/3 converted locomotive bodies are now almost fully completed apart from the cab glazing issue and a few very minor items still to be added, i.e. the RA9 cab side transfers (I have no idea where to obtain these) and a few small pipe runs to the loco boilers.

I will post some photos of them both over the next few days on my Haymarket 64B thread with more technical details on their construction, I will add again that both bodies and their tenders are complete but the chassis are still under construction.

Thanks again.

Regards

David

Re. transfers. From memory the HMRS sheet covering steam loco numbers have the RA9 symbols, in fact RA anything as you make them up. Perhaps someone could confirm?

If so they are very small indeed so be warned!

John.

Re. transfers. From memory the HMRS sheet covering steam loco numbers have the RA9 symbols, in fact RA anything as you make them up. Perhaps someone could confirm?

If so they are very small indeed so be warned!

John.

Hi John

Many thanks I will look at their website.

Regards

David