Southern Concrete panel fencing on a ramp

Huggy

My 1950s Southern 00 layout has a fairly long approach ramp  down to the station, and I'm trying to decide whether such a thing might have had the concrete SR panel fencing - as modelled by Ratio - down it, and if so does anyone know of a prototype that I might find images of. To do it right will require quite a bit of fiddling with the basic Ratio panels and posts. Any alternative examples / suggestions would be welcome.  

There are probably numerous examples, the panels would have each sat horizontal and stepped down the match the gradient.  Now someone will post a picture of a slope with sloping panels.......

The Southern Concrete Book is available again and is a huge source of information http://irwellpress.com/acatalog/SOUTHERN_RAILWAY.html#a816

I will have a browse tonight and see what turns up

• Like 1

Thanks chaps! I was pretty sure that was how they were / are installed, though my approach ramp is pretty steep, which will make it that much harder to do (see photo). Making longer posts would be do-able I suppose - they'll need slotting as well - but with wedge shaped infill panels to fit as well.....is it worth it, I'm wondering, or should I come up with some other alternative, like a cast concrete wall supposedly made as part of the ramp (which the story goes was built as an "upgrade" in the early fifties by BR (S) when it looked like the town would become a commuter hub and need a proper car park) ?   The retaining wall at the back - not properly fitted yet - is made from 3mm balsa covered in Scalescenes concrete paper.   The panel fencing will still come in handy, as I'm going to use it at the rear of the platform - which will at least be level!   The street image of the Belmont fencing is great - need to work on the right colour to get that look  :scratchhead:

post-30687-0-25004000-1509353169_thumb.jpg

Edited by Huggy

• RMweb Premium

Carshalton Station western approach road.  Hauled myself up that slope a fair few times since meeting my wife who herself used to daily haul herself up that same slope when she used to be a regular commuter from there.

https://mapstreetview.com/#ul02j_-3kj0_88.9_-dg42

• Like 1

• 10 months later...