Precision Labels

Hi

I just wanted to let everyone know of the service I recived from John at Precision.

I have to admit of being a tad sceptical given that II've always used etched Headbords & Nameplates from Fox, Shawplan or 247

However I'm really pleased with the results on both my ATW & DRS 57's. Order was dispatched within a couple of days and was able to use paypal. Highly Recommended !! wink.gif

post-7957-127033096929_thumb.jpg post-7957-127033098241_thumb.jpg

Seconded ! - Johns saved my bacon many a time producing custom transfers when I've not been able to get suitable from Fox or Modelmaster.

It seems the man never sleeps either - no matter what time you email , he replies a few mintues later - even if its at 4am blink.gif laugh.gif

Jon

• 9 months later...

I sent a request to John late last night and had his reply waiting for me this morning. After he produced me some custom lettering for a BG last year he's now going to do some number sets for me in a size other manufacturers don't do.

I can't say how highly I praise John for the help and service which he offers and for a reasonable price as well.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Thanks to John, I now have a renumbered Bachmann 70.

Extremely patient and understanding when I supplied him with some incorrect dimensions :unsure:

The replacements arrived within 36 hours.. :D

Cheers,

Mick

• 2 weeks later...

I too wanted to join in on the praise of John and Precision Decals/Labels.

I have recently purchased the Wrexham and Shropshire decals for some silver coaches. (www.precisionlabels.com/d69.html)

These are outstanding decals, alot of research and effort has clearly gone into them.

Im very impressed and just wanted to share my thoughts publically.

Attached a pic too for full effect....

post-10272-0-70126200-1300926358_thumb.jpg

post-10272-0-51987300-1300926387_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Precision Labels do some very good translucent headcode blinds which I bought recently for the Heljan Hymek. As they are printed "on a roll" just like the real things, there is theoretically the ability to have working blinds that you can (manually) revolve. I want to have a go at this!!

The delivery service is basically next-day, in the same manner as Mainly Trains. All you do is click your mouse, blink, and your order hits your doormat in 24 hours. In today's society which "wants it now, wants it yesterday", this is pretty good going.

• 8 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Yet another fine delivery of transfers from John at Precision Labels for some upcoming projects - DBS red and Colas.

And he's just promised me a set for a very special project........................ hopefully they arrive in the next couple of days.

Cheers,

Mick

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

And another +1

Fantastic service from the guy and I have plans to use him again for a few other projects. Top quality transfers at a price that makes it not worth the effort to do them myself.

post-2065-0-32072600-1357668186.jpg

Missy :)

I've just had a quick look at Precision's website and admit I am impressed. However I want some custom transfers, and do not feel up to designing them. If I supplied a broadside photo, and basic colouring, would they do them? The 2 subjects I want are (1) alternative numbering/letters for a Model Rail Sentinel (2) department No.91 & cabside lettering to renumber a Bachmann green 03. Neither are particularly complicated I would have thought.

Stewart

I've just had a quick look at Precision's website and admit I am impressed. However I want some custom transfers, and do not feel up to designing them. If I supplied a broadside photo, and basic colouring, would they do them? The 2 subjects I want are (1) alternative numbering/letters for a Model Rail Sentinel (2) department No.91 & cabside lettering to renumber a Bachmann green 03. Neither are particularly complicated I would have thought.

Stewart

Best thing to do would be to email John and request a quote :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • RMweb Gold

Ordered Colas 60096 transfers from Precision Decals about 8 months ago and the transaction went super smooth as always, done! Then this morning an envelope from Precision, I open it to find the new style Colas hats as fitted to 60096 which has just completed its overhaul for Colas. I was amazed and very happily surprised. Bearing in mind 8 months plus had passed and I wasn't even expecting it , that really is great customer service.

Thanks very much, keep up the great work.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
Guest eddie reffin

Just like to add my thanks to John for the First group logos for my Dapol 156. Prompt service and easy to deal with. They arrived well packed and top quality printing.

• 2 years later...

Early last week I ordered a set of 'O' scale  wagon TOPS data panels from John using his custom template (D19-A), I was amazed at the quick turnaround when the order arrived two days later.

I was so impressed with the quality and service that on Friday I ordered a similar set of data panels for a Ragstone Models Carflat, similar transfers had been on order from another supplier for a couple of years but so far have failed to appear.  I was even more amazed yesterday (Saturday) when the transfers arrived less than 24 hours after ordering them.

1st class service.  Thank you John.

Regards, Mick. 

• Like 2

Hi

If you have a look at post #176 in Layouts - Parkway Modern Image you will see the superb decals that adorn my re-spray of FGW PC

Celebrating the Queens Diamond Jubilee.

Very accurate and a joy to apply - well done and thank you John

John

Edited by JCClark

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Was surprised to received a letter from Precision Labels yesterday containing amendments to the First Great Western Local Lines 153 pack which I purchased from them in December.  This is the latest example of excellent customer service I have received from John at Precision Labels.

• 1 year later...

I'd never heard about this firm until I Googled a search for replacement steps for my Hornby Class 50 so placed an order.  They arrived the next day!

Nice steps - they are plastic, but stronger and better than the originals.

Delighted with the product along with the excellent service.

• 4 months later...

Just to say what a brilliant service Precision Labels provide. I made an enquiry in early September for some custom decals so I could complete a respray of a Dapol 142. Less than 48 hours after the initial enquiry, John had them prepared. Both units are complete, even included destination panels, unit and vehicle numbers. 

Here is one of the 2 completed 142's in ex GMPTE livery with First North Western logos.

IMG_20191020_220959942.jpg

• Like 3

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I've just used Precision Labels for the first time, and to say that I'm impressed would be an understatement.

I ordered a custom decal sheet on Thursday afternoon, with my artwork sent by email. They were delivered to me in Germany on Monday morning! Absolutely amazing service from John Peck and pretty speedy first class airmail too.

The decals themselves are the thinnest I've ever used and the carrier film just 'disappears' once they are set.

David

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1