RMweb

Orchard Road TMD - BR Blue - The Story Continues

mudmagnet

We've had a good day at Thorncombe today!

Many thanks to the TRAC team (Graham etc) and Ray for helping today.

We were positioned opposite Ray Heard Railways today - who sell loads of used stock. Consequently, we had a few visitors today, most with sound! So Orchard Road was awakened with several diesel sounds! We had the camera man on hand to record the event.

attachicon.gifDSC_0087.JPG

What is that little green thing. I mist of that one.

• RMweb Gold

That's the one I'm going to order, along with a Mashima motor and Alan Gibson wheels etc.

Presumably you get good slow speed movement with such a low gear.

Mike

Yes, does crawl very slowly! Certainly a good quality gearbox. Just need to sort the pickups!

• RMweb Gold

The final bits and pieces have been finished over the weekend. Ive added a couple of wagons to occasionally run into one of the sidings to change things round a bit and add some interest. Just need to pack everything up ready to laod into the car Friday morning.

Hope to have a couple of visiting locos over the weekend!

Love the Lifting frame Richard, looks superb.

I wont be coming to Warley this year as i have a weekend away in the opposite direction ( Maybe she planned that for a reason ) but all being well over the next few weeks ill be starting a layout for myself finally with some nice looking buildings and back to my grot and grime ways.

Hope you have a great weekend mate

• RMweb Gold

Love the Lifting frame Richard, looks superb.

I wont be coming to Warley this year as i have a weekend away in the opposite direction ( Maybe she planned that for a reason ) but all being well over the next few weeks ill be starting a layout for myself finally with some nice looking buildings and back to my grot and grime ways.

Hope you have a great weekend mate

hi Neil

That's a shame that you can't make it this year. I'll make sure I take some more photos over the weekend, especially with any visiting locos!

• Like 2

That will be great, and maybe a few videos too hahaha

I hope one day i can attend with a Little Layout creation, that would be a great achievment.

I think Cav is going to Warley so im sure he will pop over and say hello

• RMweb Gold

Think that I'll be adding a throttle (second controller) for the weekend to allow easier operation from behind. I normally operate from the front and can easily be distracted when chatting to visitors! At least then one of my second operators can keep something moving using the throttle! Well that's the plan anyway! Plus, my son much prefers to operate from behind, so does avoid having to move the PowerCab from front to rear when swapping operators!

Need to buy new front tyres for the car on Friday morning before picking up Ray, then loading the car before making our way up to NEC!

• RMweb Gold

hi richard

i put a extra socket for my power cab on the front and bought the cab 6. . . really easy to use and a good size also 

see you saturday 

Hi Ian,

I was looking at the Cab06 myself - think that the LED display and knob would be better than just the buttons.

Look forward to seeing you Saturday - you're welcome to bring along a loco or two to run!

ive got a few i may bring.

ill bring my cab 6 if you like also as  i should be in for 930 i got some early tickets so you could try it first..i bought mine from digitrains so they will be there. its great also for operating two at once as well.or i have a little surprise i like to operate with it. but you will see more on saturday ...

• RMweb Gold

ive got a few i may bring.

ill bring my cab 6 if you like also as  i should be in for 930 i got some early tickets so you could try it first..i bought mine from digitrains so they will be there. its great also for operating two at once as well.or i have a little surprise i like to operate with it. but you will see more on saturday ...

Good news Ian, will be good to see you again!

I'll try and pick up the throttle first thing Saturday if I get chance, and leave the first 10 mins of running when the show opens with one of my operators!

Always good to have a few visiting locos - and I'll have my camera to capture!

• RMweb Gold

Making a final check before off to pick up Ray and then load the car before our journey up M5 towards the Midlands!

Just enjoying a coffee and catch up on RMWeb before setting off...

Layout - check

Stock - check

Coffee mug - check

Carpet - check

• Like 2

Making a final check before off to pick up Ray and then load the car before our journey up M5 towards the Midlands!

Just enjoying a coffee and catch up on RMWeb before setting off...

Layout - check

Stock - check

Coffee mug - check

Carpet - check

Good morning Richard

I'm here being patently waiting for you to pick me up.

• RMweb Gold

We've had a great day today!

Slow start with visitors, but busy by midday.

Bought a throttle this morning, so that two operators can drive the trains to keep something moving all day!

Just a one photos for now, hope to take some more tomorrow.

post-7854-0-00061600-1416698067.jpg

Edited by mudmagnet
  • Like 14