Orchard Road TMD - BR Blue - The Story Continues

mudmagnet

• RMweb Premium

I wish to thank Richard for a fantastic weekend and for the rest of the gang for there company. 

Sounds like you all had a great weekend, was Darren there, and did he behave himself?

Hope you had better service in the pub this time!

All the best,

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

Many thanks to Liam, Ray and Jamie for helping out over the weekend.

I think that they did most of the work and I spent the rest chatting to people!

Many thanks to Paul and the team for organising another great event. We certainly had a great time and well looked after. Even getting in and out the hall for setting up and loading on Sunday went quite well. The guy at the lorry park where we went to first said that there were about 2000 vehicles due Friday afternoon (not just the model railway show of course), so inevitably there will be delays getting into the hall.

I'll sort a few photos out later today and will post up.

I bought a Cab06 throttle first thing Saturday morning, so at most times we had two operators runnign two engines around the layout, so quite easy to keep something moving. The only problem that we had being that the knob was little too sensitice, with the engine accerlating too rapidly. It wasn't until Sunday morning that I realised that I needed to change from 28 step to 128 step - note to self - read the manual! With this changed, all worked smoothly and overall a good investment.

Met a few RMWebbers for a chat and probably spoke to a few more without knowing who they were .....

Bought and fitted a new decoder (Zeno Macro with stay-alive) into the 06, which improved the running, but still a few minor issues which need looking at, and thinking about adding a second stay-alive ...

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for all your comments.

Can't believe that a week has passed since our journey up to the NEC and start of a very enjoyable weekend!

Having finally sat down and read the show guide, I realised how much I missed!

Good to catch up with a few people for a chat as well.

We did seem to attract a bit of attention and was quite busy at the front of the layout most of the time, which is always good! At least with two controllers, we could keep something moving most of the time!

Only bought a few bits from Ten Commandments for a small project that I've been working on, more to follow another day. Also bought some rail and flex track from C&L as getting this posted is a bit of a pain. This for one of the "planned" layouts! I say "planned" as I've not yet fully decided what to start next. I've two basic ideas, both different.

Next outing with Orchard Road will be in February. Had a couple of enquiries for future shows, but will wait until confirmed before posting details.

Still seems that there is plenty of exhibition life in Orchard Road and certainly have no plans to move on. However, if I keep building layouts, I'll run out of space in the garage!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Fitted LazerGlaze flush windows to the two 08's today !  A big improvement ! Just need to fit the Tim Horn laser cut spring overlays next ! These are rather small ....

Need to get the 'new' 08 weathered now, hope to get done before the weekend ....

• Like 5

Fitted LazerGlaze flush windows to the two 08's today !  A big improvement ! Just need to fit the Tim Horn laser cut spring overlays next ! These are rather small ....

Need to get the 'new' 08 weathered now, hope to get done before the weekend ....

I want to see pictures :)

• RMweb Gold

We had a good and enjoyable day at Biggleswade. Many thanks to Dick and the team at EMBRS!

Had chance to catch up with a few people. Missed out on a bargain on one of the second hand stands, but do I really want / need another loco ?

Only bought a few bits and pieces though. Good trade selection. On the whole a good standard of layouts.

Pleased that I fitted the flush glazing to the 08's, although the newer one didn't run as well as it should, but did improve through the day. Also forgot the Cab06, so only one controller. Didn't seem to make much difference to the running.

Photos on camera still and will sort through later in the week when I get chance.

• Like 2