Orchard Road TMD - BR Blue - The Story Continues

mudmagnet

• RMweb Gold

Only one photo to post following our visit to Biggleswade at the weekend.

post-7854-0-92649200-1424266119.jpg

One invitation for next year confirmed though - Huntington (St Neots - East Anglian Model Railway) for March 2016 ! Will post more details towards the end of 2015.

Next outing for Orchard Road will be Cheltenham April 11th / 12th.

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Blimey, you're getting around!

See you at Shepton?

Cheers, Dave.

Hi DLT & Mudmagnet

Hope you have a good day out at Shepton, unfortunatey I will not make this year as I am of to Glasgow with Stafford Railway Circles new club layout Whiteacres

Club members Pete & Aline Wilson the new owners of Blakcaster will be there to hunt the bargins

See you at Burton

Eltel

• RMweb Premium

Hi DLT & Mudmagnet

Hope you have a good day out at Shepton, unfortunatey I will not make this year as I am of to Glasgow with Stafford Railway Circles new club layout Whiteacres

Club members Pete & Aline Wilson the new owners of Blakcaster will be there to hunt the bargins

See you at Burton   Eltel

His Nobbyship's legacy lives on...

• RMweb Gold

Blimey, you're getting around!

See you at Shepton?

Cheers, Dave.

Oh, we like to travel !

Good to get the layout into other areas of the country as mostly seen in the South West !

Don't think that I'll get to Shepton this weekend though, plenty of other things to do on Oakley Green etc.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Next outing for Orchard Road will be Cheltenham Sat 11th and Sun 12th April.

Will be giving my latest 37428 a run!

Just a reminder, only one day to go.

Will be loading the car tomorrow and will be bringing a couple of new wagons ( yet to be weathered )!

Also, a couple of small details to add (if I remember to pick them up!)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Richard

I'm looking forward to the weekend helping you with Orchard Road, Is it ok if I bring my W class with me.

That'll be great Ray!

Nice to have something different to run!

Mostly loaded in the car today, just need to load the stock in the morning before our journey to Cheltenham.

Come along and say hello.

I'll take some photos over the weekend as well!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

We had a strange visitor today. Ray told me that it was "W class", and needed something called "

coal" to work and that the diesel fuel normally offered at Orchard Road was no use!

Seriously though, ran very well indeed!

post-7854-0-39515400-1428770327.jpg

post-7854-0-98916000-1428770352.jpg

post-7854-0-14115700-1428770370.jpg

post-7854-0-90195600-1428770380.jpg

Back tomorrow, come along and say hello!

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

All back and layout safely in the garage!

Thanks to Ray for his help and company over the weekend.

Also thanks to Mike and team for a great weekend. Hopefully raising good funds for CLIC!

Had a couple of minor issues, with what appears to be fried decoder in the class 47 and erratic running at times from one of my gronks.

Not out again with Orchard Road until the High Wycombe show in November.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Blimey you're racking up the miles matey!

Erm...how about making another layout, I've got a name for it.....Morchard Street !

Cheers all the best :)

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

I will be showing Orchard Road at one our local primary schools - Landkey Primary School - at their summer fayre this coming Saturday !

Will be a good chance to run my Class 33 now fitted with a Legomannbiffo sound decoder !!!!

• Like 1

I will be showing Orchard Road at one our local primary schools - Landkey Primary School - at their summer fayre this coming Saturday !

Will be a good chance to run my Class 33 now fitted with a Legomannbiffo sound decoder !!!!

Have you gone for the Belly Tank Speaker in that one Richard, I have it in my Blue one and its AWESOME, but I'm not so happy with the horns on my 47, they seem a bit weak to me, and the same with another Club Members Leggo 47,  I prefer the SWD for the 47 and 37's.

Have a good show at the weekend mate.

• RMweb Gold

Have you gone for the Belly Tank Speaker in that one Richard, I have it in my Blue one and its AWESOME, but I'm not so happy with the horns on my 47, they seem a bit weak to me, and the same with another Club Members Leggo 47,  I prefer the SWD for the 47 and 37's.

Have a good show at the weekend mate.

No, just the standard speaker at the moment. Might add one at a later date though.

• RMweb Gold

Given the 33 another run up and down on Oakley Green this evening! Very nice! Looking forward to running on Orchard Road tomorrow !

Um, what sound decoder to get next .... ????

Answers on a post card .....