Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Orchard Road TMD - BR Blue - The Story Continues

mudmagnet

• RMweb Gold

Hi mate

Lovely looking class 33 and the class 50...

Great photos in all...

Jamie

Hi Jamie

Thanks. I'm pleased with PHD parts - do make a great difference.

HI

Good luck with the show!.

Darren

Thanks Darren. Will be good to get Orchard Road out again.

Fantastic little layout!!! Love that Maiden and AC/DC tags, so cool. ;-)

Thanks Class 74 - a couple of my favourite bands. Seen Maiden several times (just seen that they have introduced their own beer, which I will need to track down and sample). Not seen AC/DC though!

• Like 2

Hi Jamie

Thanks. I'm pleased with PHD parts - do make a great difference.

Thanks Darren. Will be good to get Orchard Road out again.

Thanks Class 74 - a couple of my favourite bands. Seen Maiden several times (just seen that they have introduced their own beer, which I will need to track down and sample). Not seen AC/DC though!

Good taste! ;-)

I'm building a little scottish terminal right now, and the station's name will be Kilmister, so I'm sure there will be a poster anouncing Motorhead somewhere in Glasgow... ;-)

(And yes, I know that Lemmy was born in Stoke and isn't a Scot!)

It's good to have a bit of rock'n'roll on a layout, isn't it? ;-)

Cheers

Simon

• RMweb Gold

Good taste! ;-)

I'm building a little scottish terminal right now, and the station's name will be Kilmister, so I'm sure there will be a poster anouncing Motorhead somewhere in Glasgow... ;-)

(And yes, I know that Lemmy was born in Stoke and isn't a Scot!)

It's good to have a bit of rock'n'roll on a layout, isn't it? ;-)

Cheers

Simon

I like the idea of the poster! I may pinch that one for the next layout!

A few years ago a friend from work met Lemmy in Plymouth - in a pub of course - and had a couple of beers. a top bloke by all accounts!

Sad to read / hear that Clive Burr (Iron Maiden drummer of old) has passed away though.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Getting ready for the exhibition this weekend at Nailsea. Come along and say hello!

A couple of new bits to be added, which will be tucked away a little so that you will need to search for them. I will post photos after the weekend.

In the meantime, I've replaced one of the trees.

post-7854-0-92490300-1363340454.jpg

• Like 3

Hi Richard

I hope the week-end went well for you. Sorry I didn't have a chance to have a play on OR, but one of my mates had to get back to Minehead a lot earlier than I had realised beforehand. I also had to turn down a chance to play on Ray's YS!! I did try to find you to explain, but couldn't, so please accept my apologies. Anyway, I shall look forward to seeing you again soon & all best wishes

Dave

• RMweb Gold

hi Dave,

Sorry I missed you!

We had a good weekend!

Did have small problem Saturday morning with a wire becoming broken on the inter-board connector, but soon solved with a soldering iron.

All seemed to go well, but the room that we were in was very hot. Unfortunately nothing could be done with the air conditioning as the door needed to be closed for the system to work. A problem with a modern school with air conditioning and high energy efficiency ratings.

Layout all packed away on in the garage until next time, although I will be making some replacement trees and adding these at some point in the near future.

As with Ray Norwood's Yard Shunter I saw your fantastic Orchard Road at the Nailsea show on Saturday. So much to look at in such a small layout! As with Ray though, I thought I recognised the name (Orchard Road) but couldn't think why..... RMWeb of course - I've seen Orchard Road many times on here. Just wish I'd engaged brain sooner, made the link, and at least said 'hello'!

I noticed that one of your locos was sound fitted (was it a Class 33?) but it was stationary and blocked-in inside the depot at the time. I'm assuming not all your stock is sound-fitted as the movements I did see were all silent? 

Again, really nice to see something I've been watching on here 'in the flesh'. Just wish I'd made the link while I was there!!! Sorry!

Edited by leavesontheline
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

As with Ray Norwood's Yard Shunter I saw your fantastic Orchard Road at the Nailsea show on Saturday. So much to look at in such a small layout! As with Ray though, I thought I recognised the name (Orchard Road) but couldn't think why..... RMWeb of course - I've seen Orchard Road many times on here. Just wish I'd engaged brain sooner, made the link, and at least said 'hello'!

I noticed that one of your locos was sound fitted (was it a Class 33?) but it was stationary and blocked-in inside the depot at the time. I'm assuming not all your stock is sound-fitted as the movements I did see were all silent? 

Again, really nice to see something I've been watching on here 'in the flesh'. Just wish I'd made the link while I was there!!! Sorry!

Many thanks for your comments.

I've only the one sound fitted - the class 25. Still rather expensive to start sound fitting the rest. However, I do fancy doing the 33 at some point in the future.

I didn't wear my RMweb badge as we had exhibitor badges, also on lanyards and might have been a bit daft looking! I could probably do with another RMweb badge with a safety pin ....

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Orchard Road will be appearing at the following exhibitions later this year:

Bideford - 26th May - Pannier Market

Mendip 2013 - 8th and 9th June - Doulting Hall in Shepton Mallet

Willand - 21st September (close to junction 27 on M5)

Edited by mudmagnet

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Richard, I was hoping to get in at Newark, I have done Barrow Hill for the last two years with Deesdale Road and Glen Roy, and I still have Trebudoc, Loch Leven and Glenfinick so I may still get an invite.

Hope you enjoy it.

Andy

• RMweb Gold

Ooh just up the road from me mate so ill finally pay you a visit

Hi Neil,

Will be great to finally meet up!

At least I'm coming up closer to you!

You will be welcome to have a running session!

Watch out for me too............could be there helping out.

P

I will do! Mind you, don't know what you look like! Hey, just come and say hello.

Hi Richard, I was hoping to get in at Newark, I have done Barrow Hill for the last two years with Deesdale Road and Glen Roy, and I still have Trebudoc, Loch Leven and Glenfinick so I may still get an invite.

Hope you enjoy it.

Andy

The invite was a major, yet very welcome surprise and consequently jumped at it.

If you don't bring a layout along, are still planning on a visit (with George)?