Orchard Road TMD - BR Blue - The Story Continues

mudmagnet

Hi Richard

Bob phoned me the other day and told me the news Beaminster is on 23rd Feb, but Yard Shunter unable to go as I will be at Biggleswade the date.

RAY70B

Edited by RAY NORWOOD

• RMweb Gold

Hi Mudders,

Hoping to get to the re-scheduled Beaminster show, but might not have any transport.

Are you going to Small & Delightful at Shepton the week before?

Dave.

Hi Dave,

It would be good to see you there, perhaps we can sort something on the transport front?

I will be at Shepton, possibly with a loco that I have been building (7mm narrow gauge), so will see you there.

Hi Richard, I hope you get to Beaminster this time, I am at Trowel, Nottingham on the 24th with Glen Roy

Enjoy your show.

Andy.

Thanks Andy, I'm sure that we will be ok this time!

• RMweb Gold

I ordered some etch parts from PH Designs recently - class 33 steps and class 5o details.

I've made a start on the class 33 steps and now need to get these painted and fitted. I'm tempted to simply chemically blacken, then glue into place and then finish paint to match the bogies, rather than spray grey primer. Any thoughts?

I've also made up the class 50 steps, which will be chemically blackened before being glued into place as I suspect that these will become more easily marked / scratched. I need to make up the lifting eyelets, but can't find any cocktail sticks in the house to align the holes when laminating the etches together. I did make a start assembly the louvers, but these are proving awkward to solder up and ran out of patience with them, so will come back to these another day!

I want to get the steps fitted before Orchard Road is out next and will post some photos later.

• Like 2

Hi Richard, Pete Harvey was at Stafford on Sat, we always have a chat, really nice guy.

Talking of Stafford I see you are there next year, that will be good, I am booked with Desdale but as it is sold I am talking to Colin this week about either Glen Roy ot Trebudoc.

Looking forward to seeing you again.

All the best Andy. :sungum:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy

I met Pete at members day last July. He was asking me about the depot baskets and access platform that I built - didn't realise I was speaking to Pete until part way through conversation!

Yes, Colin / Terry invited me to bring Orchard Road to next years show quite a while ago and 2014 was the soonest slot that they could fit me in. I have exhibited at Stafford before with several layouts. Always a great show and very friendly bunch! Looking forward to bringing OR up next year.

Richard I ment say, how did the weekend show go?

Terry booked me in 2011, It seemed a long wait at the time and I jokingly said to him, I will have built 3 more by then, and I have, Loch Leven, Masons Lane and Trebudoc, hahaaaa

Andy.   

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just a reminder that Orchard Road will be at Beaminster on Saturday.

Please call in and say hello!

Have a good weekend mate and enjoy.

I just have Sunday this week at Trowel Nottingham and then Mansfield the following weekend both with Glen Roy.

Andy.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Richard

I look forward to seeing the PH Designs class 33 steps and class 5o details... progress and photos if that is possible...

Great modelling as always amd excellent layout...

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

I've not made much more progress to be honest. I need to get a tube of chemical black for the class 33 steps before doing any more on these. I need to get the class 50 steps fitted before the weekend, so hope to get some photos taken before the weekend.

Richard

• RMweb Gold

I've had a couple of days off work, so been able to finish the steps on the class 33 & 50. Both being the PH Designs etch brass. Both a little fiddly to fold and solder, but with a bit of patience have worked out quite well. I also fitted the bearing covers to the 33 bogies, but struggle to see these in the photo below.

I will take a few photos with the locos on the layout tomorrow when at the Beaminster show.

Please come along and say hello.

Class 50 steps

post-7854-0-10209000-1361546168.jpg

post-7854-0-53213600-1361546189.jpg

Class 33 steps

post-7854-0-81112300-1361546170.jpg

post-7854-0-69809000-1361546173.jpg

post-7854-0-00486600-1361546180.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Hi Richard

Have a good day at Beaminster, hope goes well.

RAY70B 

Yes, hope it all goes well.  Doesn't look like I will make it this time, due to family commitments .

Cheers, Dave.

• RMweb Gold

Yes, hope it all goes well.  Doesn't look like I will make it this time, due to family commitments .

Cheers, Dave.

Hi Dave,

That's a shame that you can't make it tomorrow- about time that you had a 'play' on Orchard Road!!!

cheers

• RMweb Gold

Love those steps... amazing. When did you say you are going in to 2mm n gauge? Enjoy the Beaminster show.

Chris,

Cheers! I will bring the locos along on Tuesday night!

Don't hold your breath on the 2mm stuff - don't think (correction, sure) that SWMBO will allow any further spending on 2mm! A few other 00 items still too tempting ....

• RMweb Gold

A few photos from today down at Beaminster.

Been quite an eventful day!

1. Took the route down through Crewkerne, only to find that the Beaminster tunnel was still closed, yet diversion signs a little confusing. Ended up traveling down a few country lanes!

2. Found that one of the contacts on one point motor - the one that switches the frog polarity - was not making contact correctly, so that when point switched one way, there is now power to the frog. Managed to get round it, but needs looking at before the next show.

3. The canopy on the re-fueling platform has broken loose - again! So this needs to be sorted.

4. Low oil warning light came on the car - checked with garage and said that there should not be a problem - so something to check in the morning when the car has settled down and can be checked on the level drive!

Had a good day at the show though!

post-7854-0-93272000-1361649872.jpg

post-7854-0-38998800-1361649876.jpg

post-7854-0-85135300-1361649879.jpg

post-7854-0-43638100-1361649883.jpg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Orchard Road will be at Nailsea exhibition this coming weekend.

I still have a couple of minor issues to sort out, but will get these sorted.

I will also be changing at least one of the trees before the weekend, where one or two are leaning badly. These are 'sea-foam' trees and proofing to be a little too fragile for an exhibition layout. Hopefully will post a photo or two when done.