RMweb

New Mills & District Railway Modellers

LyttonCPR

Our annual show is next weekend at the Chapel-en-le-frith Leisure Centre, which is on the same site as the High School which we have used for the last 20 or so years. Same post code, SK23 0TQ, same yellow roadsigns, same parking, hopefully with less use by the Leisure Centre. We are open from 10 until 5 on Saturday, and 10 till 4-30 on Sunday. All the exhibits will be in one large hall which is on the ground floor, so no access problems. Refreshments will be supplied by the Leisure Centre. There will be 18 layouts, with plenty of Trade and Demos. Providing the weather doesn't upset things we look forward to having a good weekend and meeting friends old and new.     LyttonCPR

Date ?

24th and 25th Feb 2018 please look here for further details.

Our annual show is next weekend at the Chapel-en-le-frith Leisure Centre, which is on the same site as the High School which we have used for the last 20 or so years. Same post code, SK23 0TQ, same yellow roadsigns, same parking, hopefully with less use by the Leisure Centre. We are open from 10 until 5 on Saturday, and 10 till 4-30 on Sunday. All the exhibits will be in one large hall which is on the ground floor, so no access problems. Refreshments will be supplied by the Leisure Centre. There will be 18 layouts, with plenty of Trade and Demos. Providing the weather doesn't upset things we look forward to having a good weekend and meeting friends old and new.     LyttonCPR

Thanks for posting.

• RMweb Premium

Very enjoyable day exhbiting Linden Grove. Layout ran well. Lots of interested visitors to talk to. Nice atmosphere. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. Only had a brief glimpse at the other layouts, but clearly some very interesting ones. Looking forward to another good day tomorrow.

• RMweb Premium

Back home and van unpacked by 2030hrs. Very enjoyable weekend, nice atmosphere, nice layouts, interested visitors and great company with four good friends running my layout. While we normally have just two operators at a time, quite by chance we discovered that with a third person acting as signalman, operation was much slicker and with two trains moving most of the time, not bad for a 15 foot by 14inches layout. Made it even more fun too.

I preferred it when the show was in the schoolrooms. This year's show looked just like any other show. In the smaller rooms almost all of the layouts had a wall behind them rather than all the distractions of three more rows of stuff going on.

I will not be surprised to find myself out of step with the majority opinion :)

...R

I preferred it when the show was in the schoolrooms. This year's show looked just like any other show. In the smaller rooms almost all of the layouts had a wall behind them rather than all the distractions of three more rows of stuff going on.

I will not be surprised to find myself out of step with the majority opinion :)

...R

The move was necessary due to the school undergoing a 15 year refurbishment. No decision has been taken yet for future exhibitions.

Luckily for us the High Peak weather favoured  us this year. Sorry we've lost the Preston show this year. One year we had 6 inches of snow and were asked by the school to share a snowplough for the car parks but a rapid thaw started mid Friday morning and by 5pm all was cleared. This year it was bitterly cold but movement was no problem. We even got our new floor covering packed up dry. As to our change of venue, as Rex said we were not given an option for that weekend and the school caterers refused to supply us as they would have had higher costs by bringing in staff to prepare during the half-term week. For a first run I think it worked very well.   Alastair

• Like 1