eBay first ever sale question

woodenhead

• RMweb Premium

Either, sometimes the buyer will paid immediately, in which case an invoice is not needed, however if they don't pay in the first hour or so, I tend to send an invoice. 

Edited by Kris

If they're going to pay by PayPal, which most people do, in my experience, they'll do it unprompted in the next few hours (I generally give it until the following morning for a sale that ends in late afternoon). Failing that I'd send an invoice. I think I've only ever had to send one.

Jim

I am a buyer far more frequently than a seller; and would add that if I have bought a single item then I pay using the 'pay now' link sent by Ebay usually within 24 hours, but often straight after the auction finishes.

For the purchase of multiple items from the same seller, I tend to wait for an invoice because many give postage discounts for lots of small items. 

Some sellers are really good, and notice that I may have bids open for other items later in the week; and are happy to wait until they have all finished before sending a combined invoice. This saves me postage, and saves them having to produce multiple parcels to the same address within a week. 

In cases of indecision, a message between seller/buyer can usually sort things out. 

• Like 1

I'm glad to say my first two sales went without a hitch, I've got three more in the bag and watchers on several items currently listed.

My big ticket item has had 100 views and 14 watchers, I am hoping this one turns into a sale, if this one goes to plan then I can start on my OO stuff.

I've got some items that aren't selling they've been relisted, might have to drop them further to get rid, but soon it won't be worth the cost of sale as they are all around the £10 mark with free p&p. Not the end of the world if they don't sell.

Starting to consider what else I might sell, I'm finding it therapeutic that I am finally am doing something about having too many model trains.

A couple of points that might help

Firstly I would advise you choose the most effective selling time, which normally is from Friday night to Sunday night. My favorite is Sunday late afternoon to early evening. I would never think of having lots ending either during the working day, late at night, even weekend mornings to late afternoon

Secondly much better to start listings at 99p but have a fixed postage cost. Most regular buyers factor in postage costs anyway and 99p is a come and buy me price