RMweb

Chatham Model Railway Exhibition 2018

Really enjoyed my visit yesterday. I didn't go last year so it's the first time I've been since the venue was moved to the Victory Academy which was a big improvement on the Gillingham Leisure Centre. Highlight for me was Melton Mowbray (North) as I have family connections in the area plus it showed the benefits of modelling in N Gauge for this type of layout.

David

• Like 1

I popped along this morning for the first time since the change of location. I’m afraid I much preferred the leisure centre. It used to have the feel and excitement of a ‘big’ show but I’m afraid I didn’t get that this morning. Some of the layouts on show were excellent - Arun Quay, Ruxley and Melton Mowbray were personal favourites - but much of the rest wasn’t my cup of tea.

A huge thank you to all exhibitors and traders for your time and efforts over the weekend. General consensus is that it was a good show & well received, though the two posts above show you can't please everyone!

Thanks to the splendid efforts of our own and visiting stewards, the halls were cleared by 6.15pm, so very much hope everyone had a safe journey home. it takes a massive effort to put on a show like this, so our thanks and appreciation to all involved.

Managed to get to the show on Sunday afternoon.  A real corker and definitely worth the aggro of getting there ... with no SatNav and no road signs to the show finding it was a complete pain in the ****.  A good selection of layouts.  I had been drawn to the show by Arun Quay, but there were plenty of other really good layouts there too.

Thanks.

• Like 1

I had a good day there Sunday, some good layouts and, for me, it was fantastic to watch Arun Quay and chat to the owners. It is a truly stunning layout and I was probably watching for nearly an hour just looking at the details and watching the wagons get shuffled around. Came away very inspired. I'll hope to post a few pics when I get my laptop back from the menders!

Steve.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I had a good day there Sunday, some good layouts and, for me, it was fantastic to watch Arun Quay and chat to the owners. It is a truly stunning layout and I was probably watching for nearly an hour just looking at the details and watching the wagons get shuffled around. Came away very inspired. I'll hope to post a few pics when I get my laptop back from the menders!

Steve.

Arun Quay does that to you Steve. I was exactly the same when I saw it.

Already a classic.

Rob.

Thanks for the comments folks. We always have a review meeting after the show, so we can endeavour to correct what was wrong. 

Can only apologise re-signage: since we downsized, we have deliberately cut down on this due to costs. However, am fairly sure the flier was put on the website and that had a map, but will see what we can do in future.

As for Arun Quay, whisper it quietly, have been friends with the Gravetts for years, so they stayed with the wife and I. Hence a very fine weekend, because they are every bit as nice as they come across at shows, which I'm sure will not surprise anyone who has met them.

• Like 1

As promised just a few pics of the show.

Fulton Terminal

post-24-0-08518400-1528432272.jpg

Arigna Town

post-24-0-75786300-1528432279.jpg

Llantrevelyn

post-24-0-30280800-1528432287.jpg

Halland

post-24-0-54821700-1528432299.jpg

Melton Mobray

post-24-0-45147800-1528432307.jpg

Cherry Orchard

post-24-0-58076900-1528432319.jpg

And the very inspirational Arun Quay

post-24-0-58282800-1528432253.jpg

post-24-0-58434000-1528432265.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments folks. We always have a review meeting after the show, so we can endeavour to correct what was wrong. 

Can only apologise re-signage: since we downsized, we have deliberately cut down on this due to costs. However, am fairly sure the flier was put on the website and that had a map, but will see what we can do in future.

No problems, thank you for the apology.  I was on the motorbike, hence no satnav or map.  Its not normally a problem, but for some reason I have never quite got my head around Chatham's road system!

Like I said, it was a really good show, and worth the effort of getting there.