Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Tests with my new 3D printer

The biggest problem with LCD Resin 3d printers is the larger you make the print size, the less detailed the part can be. That is until they start offering small 4k DLP screens at a price people can afford.

edit: Meant to say LCD over DLP. DLP can happen already if you have the 4k projector.

Edited by Hyper Aus
  • Like 1

The biggest problem with LCD Resin 3d printers is the larger you make the print size, the less detailed the part can be. That is until they start offering small 4k DLP screens at a price people can afford.

edit: Meant to say LCD over DLP. DLP can happen already if you have the 4k projector.

One day... one day. They are out there, and the prices are slowly coming down,,

https://www.fepshop.com/shop/parts/lcd/lcd-5-5-4k-upgrade-kit/

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 1

I read up on it after editing my post. While the 4k panel will make a nice difference in X and Y resolution, Z will always be the issue. 

Z is limited to the quality of the Z motion and the ability of resin to work at those finer levels.

Excellent!

Is it a free STL?

Yes its a freebie from scantheworld.com. This is a project intended to provide a free library of  3D scans of the worlds major artworks and cultural icons.

Its the perfect go-to site if you want to populate your layout with  3D printed models of nude Greek blokes fighting each other or chicks without arms..

Edited by monkeysarefun

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe the joy at the thought of the tears of all the Collingwood supporters made me reckless but for some reason I thought I'd relevel the printer plate. I have no idea why, maybe I thought it would make it even better or something.

Top tip - if its working ok, don't play around with it because I had 2 days of no prints sticking to the build plate. The difficulty I had getting it all good again makes me think that maybe the fact I got it right the first  time was good luck.

But its working again now and I'm back to printing random things just to enjoy the detail possible!

post-22541-0-07170900-1538347131_thumb.jpg

post-22541-0-03997000-1538347151_thumb.jpg

post-22541-0-82159500-1538347182_thumb.jpg

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...