Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

RMWeb Gamer's Lounge.

Classsix T

From reviews I’ve read and YouTube videos it looks like anthem has got off to a real shakey start to say the least. The overwhelming opinion seems to be that it’s “boring”. Repetitive missions, grindy objectives with a paper thin story, which seems unbelievable in a BioWare game. Pleased I’ve avoided this one. Really wanted it to do well too, not for EA but for BioWare.

• RMweb Gold

Playstation Plus' free download this month?

Well, well, it's Hitman: The Complete First Season.

Now, just need to find time to try it.

In other news, I managed to find a time slot to continue with RDR2. I've now faced off with Cornwalls lackies in Valentine, and effectively been driven out of town. We now find ourselves ensconced just outside Rhodes. It's a nice, pleasant camp with plenty fishing. Our story has taken a "A Fistful of Dollars" turn.

Long way to go for me an m'mount, Binkie, a reckon......... 

Difficult to find fault with a game bundled in a subscription. Which is on the face of it is "free" but essentially a sweetener to your continued cash outlay. However that's neither here or there... 

My personal experience of Hitman was that I was extremely impressed with the amount of npc's plastered on screen and the gameplay mechanics. What put me off was the fact different cash amounts are rewarded for how the mission was conducted. Surely the end result should be the target is no longer on this mortal coil, pay up.

I should also mention in fairness that that my experience of the game was on the same "Ultimate Stealth" disc package as Deus-Ex: Human Revolution and Thief, two games I enjoyed immensely.

Luv to Binkie, C6T.

• Like 1

I accidentally mowed down a crowd of people in St Denis, caused by a nudge on the left stick leading to Gluestick II hurtling into the crowd. I lost a nice big fish that was going to be mailed off to the collector in the process of being killed by the local law enforcement. Not my finest red dead moment! It'll have to wait before I attempt to catch another similar sized fish, as Dirt Rally 2.0 is installed and waiting for me to finish this week's 12 hour shifts (bring on home time today :D) and I'll be crashing cars instead of horses

Jo

• Like 1

On 24/02/2019 at 09:07, Steadfast said:

I accidentally mowed down a crowd of people in St Denis, caused by a nudge on the left stick leading to Gluestick II hurtling into the crowd. I lost a nice big fish that was going to be mailed off to the collector in the process of being killed by the local law enforcement. Not my finest red dead moment! It'll have to wait before I attempt to catch another similar sized fish, as Dirt Rally 2.0 is installed and waiting for me to finish this week's 12 hour shifts (bring on home time today :D) and I'll be crashing cars instead of horses

Jo

I can't say with any certainty Jo, cos it never happened to me but, I'd try and find out if the Legendary fish respawn if you lose one. I'd hate for you to get back into the game and find the mission can't be completed. If they don't and you really want to see it through, I fear a previous save reload might be your only option.

C6T. 

Edited by Classsix T

Hang on a minute. Just realised I had a brain fart. Of course, it's the legendary fish you mail. This was just a big one I think. That explains why I couldn't mail one the other day, either! D'oh!

In other news, being awake 20 hours and post cider does not lead to a positive rallying experience. There were some very battered body panels and a few flat tyres. Try again today me thinks.

Jo

• Funny 1

I did wonder when you described it as "a big fish"! Mr. Gill (ahem) is only interested in the Legendary types.

A pop-up will tell you when you've caught one, and you'll get the option to cook or keep the ordinary fish.

Once you have caught one, post haste!

C6T. 

• Like 1

Harrumph! A shocking display of racecraft on display last night on GTSport, (yes I am still vexed, actually) dinked off circuit during qualifying and then again in race! A track I enjoy pelting around too.

As opposed to the Daily Races roundabouts on offer currently.

1; Armco lined tube post-pub driver rating destructor.

2; Japanese GT500 piddling around Fuji Speedway. (these aero heavy beasts are terrific around high speed tracks, think Silverstone, Spa etc. Fuji has one honking geet straight and annoying twiddly bits.) Gnngh! 

Better than Anthem though, eh?! Tee hee!

C6T. 

• RMweb Gold

Bought myself an Xbox one s yesterday for the man cave, went for a game pass instead of buying forza 4 by itself, seems far better value to me, £47 for 6 months with access to 100s of games new and old as opposed to £30 for forza on its own (forza 4 is included in the gamepass games)

went for a 2nd hand 2TB version so I should be alright for storage for a while! 

Edited by big jim
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I'm playing through Subnautica again whilst I await its expansion (not going to spoil it all by getting early access). I occasionally dip in to VR on it but not too often because it sometimes scares the living daylights out of me when I do (and the VR implementation needs a bit of tweaking it doesn't look like getting).

I managed to find a still cellophane wrapped copy of Silence and a sans DLC copy of Elite: Dangerous on my last visit to the trade-in shop.

The GTSport manufacturer's series ended on Saturday and earned me a podium finish and more importantly a large points haul, in fact nearly half of all the finalised points earned. So I finished 5288th in region as 109th best Jaguar peddler, I'll take that!

C6T. 

On 11/02/2019 at 10:05, Reorte said:

Well if we're bragging on positions ...

I was briefly the third best McLaren driver in the world with F1 2016 (maybe that one, something like that anyway) in timed laps. I imagine that I was one of the first to install the game. 

Then i went for lunch and was like 8000 by the time i got back :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Edge said:

I was briefly the third best McLaren driver in the world with F1 2016 (maybe that one, something like that anyway) in timed laps. I imagine that I was one of the first to install the game. 

Then i went for lunch and was like 8000 by the time i got back :)

We're not worthy! Lol!:lol_mini:

On 02/03/2019 at 18:22, big jim said:

Bought myself an Xbox one s yesterday for the man cave, went for a game pass instead of buying forza 4 by itself, seems far better value to me, £47 for 6 months with access to 100s of games new and old as opposed to £30 for forza on its own (forza 4 is included in the gamepass games)

went for a 2nd hand 2TB version so I should be alright for storage for a while! 

You can have a spin on that Fallout 4 now then Jim?

C6T. (2Tb, sheesh, c'mon Sony! I thought 1Tb was fat enough for my PS4 two years ago, but not these days.)

14 minutes ago, Classsix T said:

(2Tb, sheesh, c'mon Sony! I thought 1Tb was fat enough for my PS4 two years ago, but not these days.)

I bought Red Dead 2 for my PS4 closely followed by a 4Tb external disk.

1 minute ago, 30801 said:

I bought Red Dead 2 for my PS4 closely followed by a 4Tb external disk.

Copy that. Was tempted by an external hard drive, but via USB? Really? Get them noughts and ones shifting on firewire dudes!

Besides, if PS5 delivers with a fat HD and backwards compatibility I'll live. In the meantime, I'm doing OK.

C6T. 

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, Classsix T said:

You can have a spin on that Fallout 4 now then Jim?

C6T. (2Tb, sheesh, c'mon Sony! I thought 1Tb was fat enough for my PS4 two years ago, but not these days.)

I somehow ended up with 2 copy’s of fallout 4 before I even got an xbox one, got a steel box edition and normal one 

Dom has it on his PS4 though and also fallout 76, personally I don’t get games like that and red dead redemption etc and prefer driving games, I’ve downladed forza horizon 4, dirt 4, some golf game and rocket league which is great fun 

23 minutes ago, big jim said:

I somehow ended up with 2 copy’s of fallout 4 before I even got an xbox one, got a steel box edition and normal one 

Dom has it on his PS4 though and also fallout 76, personally I don’t get games like that and red dead redemption etc and prefer driving games, I’ve downladed forza horizon 4, dirt 4, some golf game and rocket league which is great fun 

Rocket League looks like great fun. Footie with cars!

Is there a WipeOut anti-grav type racer on Microshaft's system? I reckon you and the kids would like that.

C6T. 

• RMweb Premium
On 22/02/2019 at 02:59, Clagsniffer said:

From reviews I’ve read and YouTube videos it looks like anthem has got off to a real shakey start to say the least. The overwhelming opinion seems to be that it’s “boring”. Repetitive missions, grindy objectives with a paper thin story, which seems unbelievable in a BioWare game. Pleased I’ve avoided this one. Really wanted it to do well too, not for EA but for BioWare.

So EA/Bioware put their prime resources into Anthem and let Mass Effect be mismanaged, and then come to find out they messed up Anthem too?