Wood Green signal box - origin?

Trev52A

This picture of mine also appears in the 'Deltic Class 55 Photos' thread but I'm repeating it here as I am asking a specific question (but not on Deltics!)

post-24907-0-64114400-1525864030_thumb.jpg

55017 northbound at Wood Green on 1st August 1975

Can anyone please tell me the origin of the signal box in this view, at the south end of Wood Green station? 

Earlier pictures show it had the longer title of 'Wood Green Up Box No 4'

Would this be LNER, or does it go back to pre-grouping days (GNR)?

I've searched online but unable to find the answer - hopefully a signal box enthusiast might read this.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Trevor

If you register with the LNER Encyclopedia site https://www.lner.info/forums/ucp.php?mode=login&sid=8c1d1427341736a6d8921435b8b5ecfe

and ask your question there, you may reach more ECML signal box enthusiasts. You may need to be patient, because posting is not as frequent as on this forum, but they ought to be able to help. 

I recall seeing a cine film of a Stirling Single on the up main coming past this box, probably taken in the early 1920s. It was on this forum if I remember correctly, or maybe a youtube clip.

• RMweb Premium

Wood Green No. 4 was a GNR "Type 2" (Signalling Study Group designation) box built in 1883.  When a mechanical box it only controlled "Up" lines as per above diagrams, but had a panel installed temporarily in the 1970s as part of the works towards the King's Cross Power Box resignalling, and closed 8th August 1976.  (Sources: "The Signal Box - A Pictorial History and guide to designs", Signalling Study Group and "An Illustrated History of Great Northern Railway Signalling", Michael A. Vanns).