00 gauge windy miller

Hi,

Took a look for you on various sites. The only Windy Miller's I could find would look like Godzilla on your layout. Most are about 9 inches tall.

Yeah pretty much what I've found so far lol

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

Took a look for you on various sites. The only Windy Miller's I could find would look like Godzilla on your layout. Most are about 9 inches tall.

You could buy one of those and ask Modelu, or similar, to produce a 3D scan and print.
  • Like 1

I suspect there might be demand. Then we'll need the sound decoder: creak, groan, click- clonk, boom, ad nauseam. :-)

He looks very much like a sometime Welsh girlfriend's wonderful great grandmother called Nell Griffiths. She had the hat and wore a great big dun coloured smock which she called an apron. (Also wouldn't use the newly installed inside loo, thought it was too dirty to do such things in the house so always went down to the 'necessary office' at the back of the yard. First time I had ever heard that euphimism.)

You could buy one of those and ask Modelu, or similar, to produce a 3D scan and print.

I suspect Modelu would be bound by copyright not to do that... but maybe if you made your own with minor variations at a large scale they could scan and reduce it for you. 

• RMweb Premium

Obviously you should find someone of similar build to Windy, get them to dress up appropriately (google "Camberwick Green cosplay") and then have them scanned by Modelu. If they were to change their name by deed poll to Windy Miller beforehand that should forestall any copyright suit.

I suspect Modelu would be bound by copyright not to do that... but maybe if you made your own with minor variations at a large scale they could scan and reduce it for you. 

That's where it gets interesting. It appeared from the 'Great British Locomotives' operation, that the scanning of a RTR model, from which scan a moulding was then produced, went without a challenge. Make a small change, perhaps extending the hat cone to a point, and produce it as Wafting Wizard?

That was a bit real for preschool TV. I have some recollection of Trumperwick Brown as it was 'on' while I was aiming at getting most of the babyfodder inside my youngest sister during school halftime break, as Ma prepared our lunch. Not a patch on the surreal world of flobberplob, shlogalog and little weeeeed. What the drug addled staff of the BBC were trying to provide in what was supposed to be broadly educational content I cannot imagine.

That's where it gets interesting. It appeared from the 'Great British Locomotives' operation, that the scanning of a RTR model, from which scan a moulding was then produced, went without a challenge. Make a small change, perhaps extending the hat cone to a point, and produce it as Wafting Wizard?

So are you saying the GBL locos were ripped off from other models? I assumed they'd just happened to duplicate an existing model and it turned out to be similar.

So are you saying the GBL locos were ripped off from other models? I assumed they'd just happened to duplicate an existing model and it turned out to be similar.

All the discussion may be found in the GBL thread. Features like the NEM coupling pocket were reproduced as a non-functional solid block: now those are simply not present on the prototype, so wouldn't be present if the model had been made from original research.

We don't know what agreements, if any, were in place for the GBL models to be produced. Don't you think Hornby or Bachmann's lawyers would have been down on them like a ton of bricks if they had done something illegal?

Besides you weren't buying a model. The model was a free gift on the front of a magazine.

But producing a model of Windy Miller to sell? I wouldn't even attempt it without permission. Don't forget the bloke that made it had all the models destroyed so that no one else could have them.

Jason