I know that some Chinese suppliers are scam artists......

.... but I've dealt with this firm , WEHonest, through ebay for a number of years and I am posting the content of this email in an attempt to save our readers a little money. I have never had any complaint with their products, nor has using them resulted in me being "ripped off". For once it is good to find a firm that lives up to its name.

"

Hello Jack, thank you for your past orders in my eBay store, I hope my products helped you.

now we built up our own store, here is the address

www.wehonest.net

without the eBay fees, we may provide a little better price in our own store, you may have a check.

I will keep researching to make more value products for our model world.

thank you and best wishes.

David Lu

WeHonest Co.Ltd

if you have any questions, please send email to wehonest@hotmail.com

"

If this is outside the forum rules, Moderators please remove it

Edited by shortliner
  • Like 4

I have used this firm several times (via ebay) and found the sercice quick and the items of good quality and reasonable price.

My American O gauge signals came from them, pre wired complete with LED resistors fitted.

post-6884-0-73851700-1530263077.jpg

Brit15

Edited by APOLLO
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

I purchased a Wehonest RR crossing signal via their  ebay site few weeks ago. Arrived in good time.

I haven't tried it yet, but it looks well made.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

I'll have to bookmark their website. Like the others here, I have had nothing but great dealings with WeHonest in the past - I must admit some misgivings the first time simply because the name sounds so dodgy! :D

I have bought people figures, colour light signals, Belisha Beacons and weeping willow trees from them, amongst other things. The trees were particularly good value. This was taken on my old layout, but I have saved all of the trees for re-use on the current layout.

28294414657_f0864205a2_b.jpg
Willows on River Bank 4 by Jeffrey Lynn, on Flickr

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

I have bought quite a number of things from Chinese suppliers and never been disappointed. Yes there are bad Chinese businesses but that is true of any country (take a look at some of the posts in the small suppliers area of this board for example). I find that there has often been a tendency for suppliers to blame nefarious Chinese factories when things go wrong as it is an easy excuse and many of their customers seem happy enough to accept such claims at face value.

Another Chinese supplier that I can highly recommend is Banggood.com -  for some reason when they send an order acknowledgement my computer give me a "malicious email" warning - but I have never found a problem with their website or receiived a virus from them

Edited by shortliner

• RMweb Gold

I can also attest to WeHonest and their legit business practices, among other Chinese traders. No problems at all with that country. Indeed, I have benefitted hugely from UK suppliers who turned out to be based in China, and delivered expensive (non-modelling) items in sealed factory packing at big discounts, with no or tiny importation costs. These people want our money.

Perhaps there is a parallel with a certain football competition now under way. I believe there were dire warnings about how the locals would see Brits, let alone St George’s flag. I now read in reputable journals of a huge welcome, with Brits and Ruskis enjoying social times together. Bad news travels fastest, and certainly sells newsprint.