Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

3 hours ago, Mulgabill said:

Is it true that the yard foreman is also Joe (LJ2)?

'cos Joe senior couldn't be bothered to think of another name fot the boy.

Indeed is that LJ3 (or junior) leaning against the morris traveller?

TONY

Yes Grandson, Little Joe, Son Of Joe, who is Son of Old Joe / Lazy Joe.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

And talking of OO Layouts, my mate wants to sell his Depot Layout, its 15ft x just 1ft wide, inc 3ft f/yard, but is superb to operate and is DCC wired with electric Points and Code 100 Track. I wish I had the room for it.

NB = No Stock or Vehicles included.

DSCF4268.JPG.56eb9737528d11359841e55e7843dd1b.JPG

DSCF4269.JPG.c8a92a07cab5cfea6554ecb42fe38b2d.JPG

DSCF4297.JPG.e552363d71671d9d13b9429f06fd416c.JPG

DSCF4301.JPG.e32070a95c84364cab6ffcfb276bdec8.JPG

DSCF4321.JPG.b2f9422538124db71f9b411289086a46.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 12

7 minutes ago, Donw said:

No point in you buying a finished layout Andy you would have to sell it straightaway to build something else. Building them is what you love and you do it so well.

Don

Spot on Don, but it is a good un. As you say, I enjoy the building most.:good:

• Agree 1

Out early on a glorious Saturday morning for a walk, and looking over the Mills Lane Bridge there was an abundance of Locos in the Yard, plus the Bonus of seeing Resident 08, No 08173 with the short rake of Catfish brought in from the Siding the other side of Yard Lane.

IMG_2919.JPG.6a722118ce8ea3e30f6efd1f891e26f1.JPG

• Like 17

15 hours ago, Andrew P said:

It's a funny thing about family members that all work together and the railway,  I remember when I was working on the railway there was a  guy from Wales with a very strong Welsh accent to the point that a lot of the time you couldn't understand what he was saying and he got the nick name of 'Gone Wrong' ( say it a couple of times you will understand the reasoning behind the name)  not long after he joined our team his son came to work with us and they were know as 'Gone Wrong and Going Wrong'    

• Funny 3

18 minutes ago, gismorail said:

It's a funny thing about family members that all work together and the railway,  I remember when I was working on the railway there was a  guy from Wales with a very strong Welsh accent to the point that a lot of the time you couldn't understand what he was saying and he got the nick name of 'Gone Wrong' ( say it a couple of times you will understand the reasoning behind the name)  not long after he joined our team his son came to work with us and they were know as 'Gone Wrong and Going Wrong'    

When I works for Colt International, both my Parents were in the Offices and Wife No 1 worked at one of the Company's other Factories. It was the sort of firm the encouraged Families to work for them, as it seemed to bring more loyalty.

BTW, How's the Layout dismantling coming along ready for the move to almost Civilisation? Well England at least.:laugh:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

When I works for Colt International, both my Parents were in the Offices and Wife No 1 worked at one of the Company's other Factories. It was the sort of firm the encouraged Families to work for them, as it seemed to bring more loyalty.

BTW, How's the Layout dismantling coming along ready for the move to almost Civilisation? Well England at least.:laugh:

Pushing forward 'slowly' but steady I think , Hoping to get the Chester Northgate shed delivered next weekend then I can start to move the packed railway items and Chumley End into storage with the trailer which then give me 'no excuses' to start house packing :wacko: went back to work this week and parked up at Derby Services near your old gaff on Tuesday night ...area seemed very empty without you Andy :(

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I wonder what the collective noun would be for a group of Lazy Joe's

How about 'An underachievement of Lazy Joes'

Paul R

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

So then, Andy, have you decided what you're going to do about this 00 "itch"?

I'll be very interested to see what you come up with - especially when you have to suggest the missus lets you have some of her lounge space for the new layout!

Btw, I like the spot the difference puzzles. Brings back happy memories of puzzle mags from the 60s!

Jeff

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Physicsman said:

So then, Andy, have you decided what you're going to do about this 00 "itch"?

I'll be very interested to see what you come up with - especially when you have to suggest the missus lets you have some of her lounge space for the new layout!

Btw, I like the spot the difference puzzles. Brings back happy memories of puzzle mags from the 60s!

Jeff

Hi Jeff, I though you went into Hibernation in the winter, not come out of it, haha.

Good to see you on here and glad you liked the bit of fun with spot the difference.

I'm struggling to find a suitable Loco at the moment, the OO Peckett is lovely but it's so tiny when I look at it against a Class 40 in O Gauge, but I need to try and find something that will work with a small yard and 16T Minerals. Er indoors would say a big no to anything in the Lounge. May be I need to buy Gismo's Shed, haha.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1