Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

I've just put this 33 up for sale, as it really doesn't fit with my era.

It is Sound fitted and has Crew, it has been tested but not used since it was Videoed so basically a new model, sound and crew fitted.

IMG_2077.JPG.e69118147814fc036149354739902f04.JPG.

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1

18 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

I hope you've got the garage well insured Andy!

Mike.

Yes mate, Checked with the House insurer as it's part of the main building / Integral, plus multi lock door, alarm, camera attached to phone with alarm, and a bloody great mallet to hit intruders with.:good:

Oh, yes and then there is the Rottweiler / WIFE:lol:.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

I hope you've got the garage well insured Andy!

Mike.

2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Yes mate, Checked with the House insurer as it's part of the main building / Integral, plus multi lock door, alarm, camera attached to phone with alarm, and a bloody great mallet to hit intruders with.:good:

Oh, yes and then there is the Rottweiler / WIFE:lol:.

I forgot to say that the camera is so well hidden, even I couldn't find it the other day. :fie:

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

6 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I forgot to say that the camera is so well hidden, even I couldn't find it the other day. :fie:

Just so long as its not a motion activated one as there's so much going on in the Sidings that it'll never be off!

Still struggling with the spot the difference. Are you sure its 10 and not 5 :help:

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

1 minute ago, Winslow Boy said:

Just so long as its not a motion activated one as there's so much going on in the Sidings that it'll never be off!

Still struggling with the spot the difference. Are you sure its 10 and not 5 :help:

Yes it is motion activated and lets me know on my phone.

Yes, It's definitely 10 I'm afraid.

• Like 1

Just to say that a start has been made on the Baseboards for the next small project.

As it will be OO, a new thread will be started in the Layouts Section once I have finalised the Track Plan and actually made a start.

Total length will be a tadge shy of 7ft x 1ft wide, with the Scenic section 4ft 4 inches, located to the Fiddle Yard board with two dowels for alignment, there will also be a catch later.

Next job will be to make the Sector Plate / this end / left end, then all future post will be in the Other Place.

Viewed from the door.

IMG_2983.JPG.f0e2f1859d949ff9ef42192eb24b8039.JPG

And over the bench, please ignore the mess.:swoon:

IMG_2984.JPG.4fb94f7363946709c23a70475c4bdfaf.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 10
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Just to say that a start has been made on the Baseboards for the next small project.

As it will be OO, a new thread will be started in the Layouts Section once I have finalised the Track Plan and actually made a start.

Total length will be a tadge shy of 7ft x 1ft wide, with the Scenic section 4ft 4 inches, located to the Fiddle Yard board with two dowels for alignment, there will also be a catch later.

Next job will be to make the Sector Plate / this end / left end, then all future post will be in the Other Place.

Viewed from the door.

I thought you said sunday was a day of rest?!

Mike.

• Funny 2

Well you have the honour Andy of my first post since the software update, it has made a right mess of my w10 PC in not allowing me to see photos, not being able to reply to topics, mis-aligned all over the page, unable to PM all of which left me unable to contact Andy for guidance.  All other forums I visit were still accessible.

Anyway moving on to things modelling.  

Your new project in 00 gauge looks interesting and I will be watching out for your sector plate build due to start soon.

Best

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

11 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Well you have the honour Andy of my first post since the software update, it has made a right mess of my w10 PC in not allowing me to see photos, not being able to reply to topics, mis-aligned all over the page, unable to PM all of which left me unable to contact Andy for guidance.  All other forums I visit were still accessible.

Anyway moving on to things modelling.  

Your new project in 00 gauge looks interesting and I will be watching out for your sector plate build due to start soon.

Best

Hi Barnaby, Sorry to hear of your problems, all I had was a bit slow the first day, mind you it was S L O  W E R previously to the up date, in fact mine was terrible, but I didn't complain as I saw notice of up date and decided to leave it until after. Good job I did because mine is superb now.

The only thing I don't like is the new count system, I have to physically count the page post's where as before it was easy to see.

The Sector Plate build will be detailed on the new thread, once that starts.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Nice to see you are back building again. I had looked in for the last few days the rain has stopped my 12ins:1ft scratch  building,  so I was told I had to repaint the door and window cill in the train room. That and writing C code for a DCC cab.

I found nine in about 15 mins still haven't found no 10 yet.

Don

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
45 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

The only thing I don't like is the new count system, I have to physically count the page post's where as before it was easy to see.

How do you mean the new count system Andy?

9 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

How do you mean the new count system Andy?

Go to the 7mm Section, with the List of Layouts etc, and you will see Views and Replies for each thread, My current one is;

5.5K Replies

246.9k Views.

It used to be actual Numbers, so you can see how many of each your threads have had.

So as an example,  say you start a new Topic and were on page 3 it might have read

73 Replies,

293 Views.

So you knew you were almost at the end of page 3, because there are 25 Posts per page.

I hope that helps Rich.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium

Evening Andy.

Good luck with the new project. Take your time, slow down and it may be finished by next weekend!

I enjoyed the latest Spot the Difference - I've got 8 so far. I'm wondering if I need to count blades of grass for the last 2!

Jeff

• Funny 2

8 minutes ago, Physicsman said:

Evening Andy.

Good luck with the new project. Take your time, slow down and it may be finished by next weekend!

I enjoyed the latest Spot the Difference - I've got 8 so far. I'm wondering if I need to count blades of grass for the last 2!

Jeff

Blades of grass? close but no cigar, it will be interesting to see which ones people struggled over in the morning.

The OO Project will be a slow burn, I need cork and some Bullhead Track first, but still some planning to do.

Keep up the good work on your new Den mate.

9 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Viewed from the door.

Compared to mine that is quite tidy!

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Go to the 7mm Section, with the List of Layouts etc, and you will see Views and Replies for each thread, My current one is;

5.5K Replies

246.9k Views.

It used to be actual Numbers, so you can see how many of each your threads have had.

So as an example,  say you start a new Topic and were on page 3 it might have read

73 Replies,

293 Views.

So you knew you were almost at the end of page 3, because there are 25 Posts per page.

I hope that helps Rich.

Ah I see what you mean, over 1,000 it rounds up to the nearest one hundred. Must admit, I don’t think i’ve ever looked at the number of posts before! I see we have gained a new option in account settings for content view behaviour, so you can choose whether clicking on a topic title takes you to the start, the latest comment or the first one you haven’t read - that’s useful!

Rich

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, David Bell said:

Compared to mine that is quite tidy!

When I first did the Desk, @Donw asked how long it would stay tidy, every few days, I do have a tidy up, and it is on the agenda for later, today, or this week, or sometime. haha.:lol: