Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

A busy morning ACTUALLY WORKING ON SMS.:o

First up was fitting the Stars to the end of 33035, One came off during the weathering and Ian / @Hal Nail was kind enough to send me a pair. the new ones were slightly smaller than the originals so both were applied.

IMG_4585.JPG.91d938e8de409b1afbef4bbcfc852789.JPG

IMG_4587.JPG.febb8eafe26ebe8c4e7c8e4a4aaea958.JPG

Thanks Ian.:good:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 16

Next up I fitted the Numbers to 20156, again the originals came off when weathering. They will be varnished tomorrow once dry, as I will with the 33, and the 37 that was done next.

IMG_4588.JPG.12ca27d2e13c6ab7631b93df36d1ea82.JPG

• Like 14

2 hours ago, gismorail said:

Hi Andy the picture of the black 08 is timeless and you have got those 37’s spot on excellent :D

Cheers Martin, I just need to save up for some more Stock, or sell the 20's and other 25 to totally Suverize the Layout.:D

• RMweb Premium

I have a pannier that the logos are in the wrong place. Last time I struggled getting them off so maybe I should just weather it to remove them!

Just seen a blue class 40 crossing the viaduct at Hanwell today on a pullman service. Never actually seen one working before - only dumped at Swindon. Making a fair old noise!

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Hal Nail said:

I have a pannier that the logos are in the wrong place. Last time I struggled getting them off so maybe I should just weather it to remove them!

Just seen a blue class 40 crossing the viaduct at Hanwell on a pullman service. Never actually seen one working - only dumped at Swindon. Making a fair old noise!

Try Enamel Thinners, well that's what brought mine off, haha.

Only ever seen Preserved 40s and in Green.

• Friendly/supportive 1

Nice job on the re-numbering on the locos Buddy, very neat, as l said to you this morning you need to add some cabinets and the concrete trunking for all the cables etc etc, plus its good fun, just look at any of the photos we took a while back for inspiration...

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, georgeT said:

For instance....

post-7716-0-04697600-1435391157_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-58841500-1435391155_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-64616700-1435391158_thumb.jpg

Superb pics Bud, I will try and get some orange pipes under my Track, if not I have plenty of Black Cable. 

I'll have a go at making some Boxes.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

I'll have a go at making some Boxes.

Andy

I thought you'd lost the plot for a minute because I originally read that last sentence as "I'll have a go at making some Buses." and I know how you like bridges!

• Funny 2

52 minutes ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Hi Andy, I saw this Class 37 tonight in the sidings behind work and thought of you. I managed to snap a quick pic over my shoulder while at the lights.

Cheers, Ade.

IMG_0876.JPG

Nice one Ade, cheers.:good:

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Ray H said:

Andy

I thought you'd lost the plot for a minute because I originally read that last sentence as "I'll have a go at making some Buses." and I know how you like bridges!

Haha, No Ray, No Busses on Seven Mills mate, I know its the law, but not for me, I'm a rebel.:dancer:

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I'm in the process of up loading a Video that I meant to do yesterday, so that will be along shortly. In the meantime how about a Wagon pic?

AAADSCF4048.JPG.4f1ed75886f4bc06bccf88365e765a70.JPG

Hi Andy, looking forward to your next video. P.s please don't call me shorty.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

I'm sure that grass is growing.... Maybe get LJ out with a Hi-Vi on and a strimmer in hand to start on the vegetation ..... You never know he may become a film star. 

• Like 2