Darlington Railway Modelling (DRM)

Been through again and bought another engine! Another one of the engines that I didnt think Id get, but owing to a more balanced view on railways, decided that the bias to all things North Eastern cant always stand. So bought a BR Western region Castle class locomotive. Very happy customer here....

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Has there been a coffee and pizza evening in the new shop or has it already been christened? I've been looking for info on here when the next one is going to be so I can try and attend for once.

First Thursday of the month as before, there have been a few already. (Good pizzas at this end of town!)

Ok so now Mike owns Facebook,Twitter and RMweb I've heard something that makes me think he's going to try and take on the big superstores now as he was heard to say he is thinking of getting some baskets or at least the comment of can I offer you a basket was definatley heard to be said.

That and the powers are strong still with Mike as he mentioned the new Dapol 67 and before I knew it I was asking for one of them when they come in as well as the dummy 66 that is due. Oh my wife is gonna love me. She hasn't even started with her new job and I'm spending her money.

Guest TomTank

Great to pop into the new shop Mike :)

I think I will becoming a regular now,

if I don't see you before the new sheds come in, I will certainly see you at Redcar show :)

Tom

I've just had my first visit to the new DRM shop in Darlo, and it was a nice experience. Not a big shop, but well stocked, with a good balance of stock. I only popped down for some Plastic Weld, (which Mike didn't have unfortunately), but I left 47 quid lighter, and very happy!!! :D

Another thing I liked is that you can browse without being constantly hassled about "do you need help?"...I hate being in a shop and having the feeling of being 'rushed' out the door.

Good luck with your new venture, and I'll be popping back when you get some Plastic Weld in...and those Chivers LNER Thompson and Pidgeon vans!!

Grant

• 2 weeks later...

Well after inspecting the new Dapol delivery....ALL are advised to get in there...megafrets....AND CONTAINERS for 4mm, and he's got the new terrorist (Terrier) too, looking rather sweet.

And as we speak..the wizard is filling his shelves, with the help of his young assistant.

• 3 weeks later...

Popped in today for a good look round, and although my little Brother was pestering me to hurry up (he hasn't caught the modelling bug yet) I still came away £23 lighter, with two Farish container wagons and a track rubber in hand!

Nice little shop you have got there Mike, decent selection of stock as well!

Cheers,

Ste smile.gif

Called in again today to pick up a book. Shop is looking great and the range of things in there is growing all the time. For all Im supposed to be saving, cant help but leave spending money I havent got. Must find where mike has his hypontic crystal ball somewhere...... soon coming to haloween time - dare i go near the place then?!

Called in again today to pick up a book. Shop is looking great and the range of things in there is growing all the time. For all Im supposed to be saving, cant help but leave spending money I havent got. Must find where mike has his hypontic crystal ball somewhere...... soon coming to haloween time - dare i go near the place then?!

Maybe Christmas will be better, season of giving and all that so perhaps it is time Mike gave us something after all we keep giving him cash

Archived