Hello folks,

A query regarding figures as a new entrant to the world of O-gauge

Looking for a diesel driver (standing) and second-man (if appropriate) and shunter (with or without pole) for Dapol 08.

I have seen some by Detailed Miniatures (painted) and some by Modelu3d (unpainted) but I wondered whether there were any other alternatives.

Ideally, I'd like them pre-painted.

Kind regards,

Art

Don't be scared of unpainted figures - they're rather easier to see (& therefore, paint!!) than the miniature scales such as 4mm!! :mosking:

There's also Omen for metal figures. Here's some of mine, I painted them myself. You can buy them ready painted, at a much higher cost.

post-704-0-19474500-1535754034_thumb.jpg

post-704-0-80352700-1535754104_thumb.jpg

post-704-0-61443800-1535754174_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Don't be scared of unpainted figures - they're rather easier to see (& therefore, paint!!) than the miniature scales such as 4mm!! :mosking:

There's also Omen for metal figures. Here's some of mine, I painted them myself. You can buy them ready painted, at a much higher cost.

attachicon.gif20180609_155247.jpg

attachicon.gif20180609_154932.jpg

attachicon.gifOld Bert.jpg

I would like to echo this post, a quick blast with primer, then basic acrylic sets of paint are quite cheap and easy to use, especially in 7 mm scale owing to the larger figures

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Martin  I bought a 'Fred' figure from Andy Duncan's stand at the show at STEAM in Swindon Railway Museum yesterday. Needs painting of course, but Mr Duncan does some superb traction engine kits to go with the figure. Hope this is helpful.

Best wishes

Rich

Quick Google - DSC03786-1.JPG

From Duncan Models - http://www.duncanmodels.co.uk/price_list_figures_and_animals.htm

:good:

I think ModelU figures are almost peerless. Here is Kevin Dare in one of my 57XX Panniers. Whatever you choose, don't attempt to paint the eyes in detail, instead some simple shading will achieve a more realistic effect unless you want a layout populated with Marty Feldmen. .

CK

post-13142-0-46306400-1536650121_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Lovin' Fred Dibnah F-Unit!

Art

That's just  the website image. I'm tempted to get one myself, although I'm not sure the figure is, ah... "portly" enough - certainly for his later years, and also I'm not sure he'd approve of my loco collection which is mostly diesel, and most of those are American!! :mosking:

Looks good 81A.  Did you paint the figure yourself?

Lovin' Fred Dibnah F-Unit!

Art

We have one on Houghton Street.

There was a trader at Telford with a good range of ready painted figures but I cant recall the name. Prices were not too exorbitant, especially when you factor in the cost of a dozen basic colours and a couple of really good brushes. Once you need a cast of twenty or more the diy approach begins to pay. In my case, a very short sighted wife is in her element. She prefers the paints produced for wargamers.