Leeds London Road . Yard magnets and control panel

Barry O

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, lofty.ian said:

Be careful you don't get carried away with this scenic stuff. 

It looks good and it is nice watching the progress.

Now you have got something running it gives it more purpose.

Lofty

For the avoidance of doubt, my "Agree" referred to the first sentence.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, St Enodoc said:

For the avoidance of doubt, my "Agree" referred to the first sentence.

If our Baz wants to make a layout that is lovely to look at but no trains run on it then he should be allowed to do so.

Says the geezer who has a layout that trains do run on but hasn't got his ar$e in gear to do the scenery.

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Says the geezer who has a layout that trains do run on but hasn't got his ar$e in gear to do the scenery.

Same here. I blame it on the bloke who got me addicted to doing cut'n'shuts of coaching stock. At least I've got some rakes of coaches that represent more prototypical formations than you can get in RTR. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

If our Baz wants to make a layout that is lovely to look at but no trains run on it then he should be allowed to do so.

There's been a rule for many years in the LMRS 00 group that layouts should not have any greenery and certainly no trees. Sadly, these days it is honoured more in the breach than the observance.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

There's been a rule for many years in the LMRS 00 group that layouts should not have any greenery and certainly no trees. Sadly, these days it is honoured more in the breach than the observance.

No trees planned for Sheff Ex, there will be some greenery and even some wild lineside flowers, it is summer. I am not planning anything outside the railway fence, that it includes Mrs Jones at number 6 (and her house) who complained of the young fitter Sainty who couldn't find the DCC on the Sulzer that was broken down.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, TheSignalEngineer said:

Same here. I blame it on the bloke who got me addicted to doing cut'n'shuts of coaching stock. At least I've got some rakes of coaches that represent more prototypical formations than you can get in RTR. 

Who was that?

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
45 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

Perhaps you need to start a separate branch,

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

It works now... and it won't have too much scenery on it but I am weathering ballast and track at the moment as well as continuing to undertake track and stock testing.....

BUT there will be NO TREES!

Baz

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

a bit of stock sorting is under way..

2047565640_Stocktesting1.jpg.f2a1150fad548e1f1adc373f0a734dc7.jpg

and a bit more

1201075890_stocktesting4.jpg.86636a7c9d5cc99322afbf3432b282c5.jpg

oops a bit more "scenery" here.. a mock up of a tunnel mouth..

1978221947_morestocktesting.jpg.4587c8e600820e4d5a2e468612b528d7.jpg

all important GT85 close to hand..

1588302306_Cateringvehicles.jpg.701d73eaab00f4bea6d6f8f4e1d87e1a.jpg

and some catering vehicles..

These will be taken out of rakes at London Road station then returned prior to departure.. Kaydee electromagnets are ready to be fitted to let this be done.. thanks to @Nicktoix

Baz

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Michael Edge said:

Tunnels aren't usually that shape, vertical sides in cut and cover ones though. Depends what's above it I suppose, whether it's cut and cover or bored.

This is what mine will look like. A long way from Leeds though.

http://www.cornwallrailwaysociety.org.uk/uploads/7/6/8/3/7683812/___1205840_orig.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, Barry O said:

So the video is for @Clive Mortimore as he thought I was not making it work.... now Clive spot teh kitbuilt coaches..

Baz

Yo Baz

Lots of kit ones, I ran out of fingers.

Nice to see movement on it.

I too have some LMS coaches, not kits (and not finished).

005a.jpg.929fa9835d42b40f8e09e31b2adb03a9.jpg

Buffet Car

001a.jpg.b5df8c0c24fceedb8f3ba6679d0cf3a1.jpg

SO-BSO twin

009.jpg.099f23e7c37bea943a80714e555a2e2c.jpg

60 ft BCK

020.jpg.313f6507172bf6ac169f8edcd14ce788.jpg

62 ft BCK

018.jpg.7e32f4d4d067bd85aceee96e104d3728.jpg

Period 2 CK.

Isn't making your own fun no matter which way you go to get the final product.

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium

@Clive Mortimore said "Isn't making your own fun no matter which way you go to get the final product."

yes .. I think there are 3 RTR coaches in that lot... I even have a couple of Modern Shrapnel Kits coaches in there as well.. now they were not "fun" to build.. but they work!

Yes the type 1s are Bachmann ones.. never felt the urge to scratchbuild diesels.

Baz

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Barry O said:

@Clive Mortimore said "Isn't making your own fun no matter which way you go to get the final product."

yes .. I think there are 3 RTR coaches in that lot... I even have a couple of Modern Shrapnel Kits coaches in there as well.. now they were not "fun" to build.. but they work!

Yes the type 1s are Bachmann ones.. never felt the urge to scratchbuild diesels.

Baz

Give it ago,

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Just checked.. 3 RTR  and 13 kit built ones.. from MTK, Comet, Westdale, BSL ,247 Developments... built over many years and it shows how the  paint has changed over the years.. Precision BR Maroon seems to vary in shade over the years!

Baz

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Barry O said:

Just checked.. 3 RTR  and 13 kit built ones.. from MTK, Comet, Westdale, BSL ,247 Developments... built over many years and it shows how the  paint has changed over the years.. Precision BR Maroon seems to vary in shade over the years!

Baz

It will vary in shade depending on how long ago it was applied too.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

More testing has taken place.. this time freight stock is being tested..

Apologies for the quiet bit of video.. that was the time for the train to go round the layout.

Track temporarily placed where the goods sorting sidings will be.

You can tell most of the wagons are new... no weathering .. yet!

Baz

• Like 10