Hither Green TMD project Chunnel and Workbench

47606odin

• RMweb Premium
29 minutes ago, 47606odin said:

AW NUTS!!!!

When you plan something, draw it out where you think it goes, double check, move it, triple check, confirm, drill,  saw, cut, sand, paint, and 9 months later discover, you were right the first time! Bo##ocks 

Never really understood cosmetic surgery but I certainly wouldnt have a crack at that on myself...

• Funny 1

7 hours ago, 47606odin said:

AW NUTS!!!!

When you plan something, draw it out where you think it goes, double check, move it, triple check, confirm, drill,  saw, cut, sand, paint, and 9 months later discover, you were right the first time! Bo##ocks 

Always the way. The amount of times I have re-done things as I thought they were wrong or I wasn't happy with them and gone back to what I had before is ridiculous.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, pwr said:

Rails and Tower both announced receipt of the analogue 122's. DCC fitted next week and DCC sound in about a month as chips are being fitted in the UK

Paul R

yep, luckily I’m waiting for the sound fitted version this time. I can’t be bothered fitting another myself as I have loads of locos to do and don’t want another thing sat on the shelf waiting

• Like 2

Well, I was struggling with motivation this morning, not knowing what to do, not wanting more unfinished projects and needing to press on

so I started isolating the steam heat boiler on my Peak to convert it to ETH….

A0F8666D-4792-4D23-AE47-9A01DF3884E4.jpeg.419af6f677f99093c9feab5837f04abf.jpeg

oh well….that’s another started project to add to the list….

• Like 3

So, started unfinished projects…..

1. Depot building. Detailing and glazing to do before I can fix it down onto the board

2. 08’s into 09’s…not much done but still started

3. 60018. need to get data panels and builders plates 

4. Blue class 20. Broken light wiring meaning I had to strip it down for conversion. Now considering alternatives 

5. 5 class 33’s waiting for route indicator mods and chips before moving forward

6. 50019. sorting weathering waiting on nameplates, need chip

7. 37667…..started modifying grilles, but this project is taking a big change

8. YOB crane. Still doing some thinking before restarting this little project

9. 45113, just added to the list.

Hmmmm, well, I think I need one more as 10 would be a nice even number :crazy:

• Like 5
  • Funny 1

6 hours ago, 47606odin said:

So, started unfinished projects…..

1. Depot building. Detailing and glazing to do before I can fix it down onto the board

2. 08’s into 09’s…not much done but still started

3. 60018. need to get data panels and builders plates 

4. Blue class 20. Broken light wiring meaning I had to strip it down for conversion. Now considering alternatives 

5. 5 class 33’s waiting for route indicator mods and chips before moving forward

6. 50019. sorting weathering waiting on nameplates, need chip

7. 37667…..started modifying grilles, but this project is taking a big change

8. YOB crane. Still doing some thinking before restarting this little project

9. 45113, just added to the list.

Hmmmm, well, I think I need one more as 10 would be a nice even number :crazy:

Is this the Hither Green weekend service exam schedule? 

Busy 

CS 

My biggest issue, is I’ll start a project, get to a point where I need something to continue, and it takes at least 2 weeks to get the stuff, so I move onto something else, which I have stuff for, again, until I get to the same point, and still haven’t ordered what I need for the previous project

Edited by 47606odin
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Baggies1961 said:

Looking good Ian are they going to be flush fronts sealed beams etc?

Are there kits available as I saw one (class 45 with sealed beams) from Jinty Man I think on you tube.

Regards

Julian.

yes, it will be sealed beam. MM1 sell the parts, formerly JLTRT

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, 47606odin said:

yes, it will be sealed beam. MM1 sell the parts, formerly JLTRT

I've got a spare body I may well end up doing as a sealed beam so will keep an eye on this. I saw someone replace the lower nose with an MM1 panel but I'd be inclined to just fill the Heljan headcode and add markers I think.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

5 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

I've got a spare body I may well end up doing as a sealed beam so will keep an eye on this. I saw someone replace the lower nose with an MM1 panel but I'd be inclined to just fill the Heljan headcode and add markers I think.

4 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Been on MM1 site do they just supply the nose ends?

Yes, MM1 do sell parts, and I was going to replace it all below the seam, but the radius on the corner is slightly different so they don’t match, but the height to the seam is very close. However, it’s my intention now to cut out green centre font of the panel between the little hand rails up to the top of the split box, but I may just cut out the centre bar and replace that small panel. Reducing the area of sanding and filling. We shall see after I complete the boiler area

• RMweb Premium

I was about to say are you doing the clips on the nose grills since you are repainting anyway but them remembered they are right for blue. I decided to live with them on my green one as too small to want to repaint for that. At least its one less job when I do my blue one though!

Still undecided if removing the centre strut on the headcode would be really simple or actually quite hard to do neatly. In some ways the later type is easier as just need to get it all smooth!

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hal Nail said:

I was about to say are you doing the clips on the nose grills since you are repainting anyway but them remembered they are right for blue. I decided to live with them on my green one as too small to want to repaint for that. At least its one less job when I do my blue one though!

Still undecided if removing the centre strut on the headcode would be really simple or actually quite hard to do neatly. In some ways the later type is easier as just need to get it all smooth!

the difficulty is the filler is softer than the plastic so when sanding it, the steps recess again, so I might have to look at a different way of filling them

• Friendly/supportive 1