Nethertown-Netherstone?

mr b

what I did was to start with some thing like this:-

post-8869-127928766695.jpg

make a few copy's - for stone and windows, cut out square-ish , and keep going untill you are satisfied with the results, the copy is simply stuck to card using Prit type glue stick,card cut out joined with UHU.

mr B .. (St B ?)

ps..must thank the photographer and railwaystations.fpic for the use of the above picture.

• RMweb Gold

in the top picture St Bees station <snip> Also will have to photo the signal box, crossing barrier are Peco.

St Bees box is nothing like either of the Nethertown boxes, which mightn't worry you but I'm just letting you know.

BR LMR 15 standard cabin

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3456/3712683766_595068f98b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2744/4531998197_a9f2b064aa.jpg

previous "hut"

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2436/3723545738_102735dc18.jpg

thanks beast66606, after weeks of surfing and getting some grotty photos of Nethertown Station box, thats the best one yet , also the box is well under way and with a bit of modellers licence should look o.k, I'll post a picture later. Also I am planning to build St Bees signal box , its a bit difficult getting a good straight photo for my kind of card building, going there during September so it'll be getting well photo-ed.

Matty the St Bees sign was originaly afixed to a running in board and sited near were the footbridge is, I'll find the photo.

mr B .. the next St B ? biggrin.gif

just in case you change your mind matty, heres a copy from an old post card ...

post-8869-127937372117_thumb.jpg

the signal box at Nethertown dont know if it looks right it will be easy to make another ....

post-8869-127937394451_thumb.jpg

mr(St)B

just in case you change your mind matty, heres a copy from an old post card ...

post-8869-127937372117_thumb.jpg

the signal box at Nethertown dont know if it looks right it will be easy to make another ....

post-8869-127937394451_thumb.jpg

mr(St)B

Thanks again loving the signal box :D

Just would like to welcome Traingeek to Nethertown, that is if he found us he was browsing through model rail forum when we stumbled across live steam in n yes N, ohmy.gif just, google live steam n, look for, the ultraminiature models of aa sherwood 1-240 and n gauge.

mr B .. mmm... steamer's chugging around nethertown ?

Started to lay some track, some time ago bought a box of Peco and points to match, around this time the finner scale was been introduced may-bee I should have waited, any way as I'm stuck with it, it will have to be used, must admit track laying is something I'm no good at, still will keep ploding along and hope it turns out o.k. will post some photos later.

mr B

To days little job was a day out at Grosmont at the railway and it was enjoyed, locos included 9F,Q6(?), stannier 5 and a Darlington Sulzer. All the usual stuff on shed including A4 pacific No 7, and whilst browsing through the shop treated myself to a Spectrum N gauge Dash 8-40c in BNSF war bonnet and it runs well. Back to the more track laying tomorrow.

mr B

must admit on cheeting...I've used gaugemaster underlay, still managed to 'hash' it up a bit ! It might dry ok (pva) luck'ily bought a bag of ballast chippings at same time.

mr B

Had to get these guys out to help square the track after my hap-dash slap happy results!

post-8869-127998342475_thumb.jpg

mr B ..more to come

WOW!!! thats looking very VERY! good mr B! keep it up mate :D

Might i say that would look very good with some class 156's on it :P

Matty

Thanks guys, some dmu's tomorrow, Dapols nodding dog (bendy bus, track wrecker,purple perill or whatever) is on order.

mr B .. visiting the area soon.

Well Clagmeister I cant honesty say you've missed much, exept the achevement,and the sunshine cool.gif any way heres some DMU's. and a 156 for matty

post-8869-128015630721_thumb.jpg post-8869-128015610328_thumb.jpgpost-8869-12801565284_thumb.jpgpost-8869-128015684195_thumb.jpg

For a bit of modelers licence, there could be a train crash near Tebay and with the WCML closed all trafic is diverted via Barrow-Carlisle ?

mr B

Things will start to slow down with the holidays and the grand children needing grandads attention, any way we'll make the most of it, and before long things will be back to normal sad.gif . That said, for to-day we have the mail passing with class 40 in charge.

post-8869-1280320339_thumb.jpg

mr B .. 1,000 factor suncream for Nethertown, thats to keep to Sellafield out !!!

• 1 month later...

We're back after a energetic few weeks with the grandchildren, not for long though cos' its time to visit the area modelled soaking up the local sunsine and all things that Sellafield can deposit upon you cool.gif , and of cause the regular trips on La'al ratty. Next on the list will be St Bees station circa 2010 on, with some buildings already built concentration will be on the waiting room (now residental) and the signal cabin, also need to look for a wench for signal duty's laugh.gif .

mr B

• 4 weeks later...

nice to be back home again after a wet & windy three weeks in Cumbria :( , mind you with the weather like it was some modelling took place, although most days it did not keep us in. Lots of photos were taken around St Bees station and the next job will be to have a go at the signal cabin (box?). Also now the layout is not a joke any more its been decided to re make the Nethertown station bit, comming more up to scale.

Any way enough rabbitin on, heres the holiday made model .......Let there be Light..

post-8869-017960900 1285773172_thumb.jpg

mr B

its been decided to build the gas works that was once a feature at St Bees situated to the Nethertown side of the station, I would there for welcome any info or photo's (post card's etc) on or about the gas works.

mr B

Been doing a lot of searching around and found that the gasometers were still there up to the 1970's, untill the aventt of North Sea gas when the village got 'piped' up to the national gas grid, however there seems to be a lack of photographs around, the gasworks managers house is is now a residential dwelling and some walling still exists. Any info would be most welcome.

mr B

Archived