THE Christmas Model Railway Show - Manchester 2018!

Philip1812

I was there yesterday.  Black Lion Crossing, Pwllheli, North Ballachulish and Arun Quay all in one place is about as good as it gets!

Chris

Many thanks, Chris!

I couldn't agree more.

Just a quick note: If anyone has their own photos from the show, probably so much better than my quick iphone grabs, please do post them on here.

Cheers,

John.

A great (and long!) day out.  Every layout excellent quality and good trade support.  Because of potential rail problems we drove over and parked in the multistory at 10.00am - no problem.  Leaving at 6.45pm though - the traffic was really bad.  Didn't help taking a wrong 'turn' in Fairfied St. and having to 'go round the block' which took ages!  The McDonalds in Gorton was very handy on the journey back to Woodhead and Holme Moss.  Arrived home 12 hours after leaving.

Sorry to hear about the traffic, 5050 - apparently some men were playing a game of football somewhere in the city?

A lot of other men apparently came to see them do it - that may have been a lot to do with it.

Beats me when there was far more entertainment going on elsewhere in the city!

• RMweb Gold

I really enjoyed the show.

Plenty of room with NO barging, luggage or BO! (Other peoples experiences may differ though.)

There were quite a few families - which was good to see, and hear. Just listen to the kids to see what they notice!  :)

The catering was very good too. It being so much better than the few bigger shows that I have been to.

The "Trade Stands" were good enough for me to part with 90 quid for "essential" tools and materials!

(Razor Saws, 5.5inch Hold n Fold, Glue and some Brass section.)

I was impressed with the MERG stand and had a good chat with the Scale4 guys about their etched Lever kit (which felt so tactile and positive).

I don't know about my photo's being "so much better than" your quick iPhone grabs but here goes...

(I asked for permission to take photos, at each layout, and was rewarded with quite a few "..and thanks for asking" comments.)

This was my favourite Layout - Black Lion Crossing

post-12815-0-97324700-1543760986_thumb.jpg

post-12815-0-99400900-1543763163_thumb.jpg

post-12815-0-55711500-1543763211_thumb.jpg

Addison Park - was a very close second for me.

post-12815-0-69106200-1543763254_thumb.jpg

post-12815-0-54376300-1543763292_thumb.jpg

Oakhurst Town - was excellent.

post-12815-0-33977800-1543763343_thumb.jpg

post-12815-0-78240000-1543763426_thumb.jpg

..and the detail on - Tarring Neville - was hard to beat.

post-12815-0-27537900-1543763469_thumb.jpg

By-Eck! I recognise this Mill!

post-12815-0-00219900-1543763386_thumb.jpg

..also of note was the selection of large scale Signals in the cabinet next to this one.

Thanks to all - especially all those I have not mentioned!

Kev.

Hello

Got in from an enjoyable couple of hours at the exhibition .

Great show with cracking layouts , once again i had my favorites , but will keep to myself , as each in their own right are good !!!!. stunning .

Great signage from station , worked really well , 

And no McDonalds  5050 , sorry BK on the station , and trains all on time .

Thanks for a great exhibition .

Should have also said that the hot Pork sandwiches (with extra gravy) were very tasty - and the cake!!!  I had a massive piece of the toffee one.  Shan't need to ingest any more sugar for a week.

I didn't actually eat at McDonalds myself, just had a drink.  My mate had a 99p cheese burger 'cos I'd eaten enough dead pig already at lunch time and Mrs 5050 had something hot in the oven for me at home.

She really did....................

And very nice it was too.

If next year's show is going to be as good then count me in again!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

As this was The Christmas Model Railway Show, this is our Christmas Greetings card and thanks to everyone who put on a fabulous show.

post-14049-0-05423300-1544023843_thumb.jpg

Polly and Ray

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

I didn’t make the show due to work and Northern Rail’s unreliability (lots of Sunday cancellations). However, my friends from the Romiley club brought two layouts, one being specifically for children. They gave out 190 certificate to children who drove their trains, but the actual number of children who had go was much greater as they ran out of certificates on both days.