Any black livered Collett 2251's on the S&D?

I've looked at photos and DVD for a black livered 2251, but can't find anything other than very dirty green or just too dirty to tell! Branchline to Burnham

has a brief glimps of a possible, it's seen in the bay at Highbridge as a fireman walks past but I can't read the number even in freeze frame. I've got an option to buy the current Bachmann black 2251 at a reasonable price.

• RMweb Gold

2217 was in dirty lined green in 1963, but had lost its smokebox numberplate. It had been replaced by a homemade version - probably in wood - with small, non-standard numbering.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Informative/Useful 1

Having read the other pages on various tender options and other issues on the 2251's I've decided to get a 9F instead! Probably a scruffy Evening Star as it appeared on loan in 1963. I like a weathering challenge.

Edited by w124bob

I've noted Modelmaster do a nice set of name plates, and are about to introduce "Named Train" headbords so..... I would need to supplement my coaching stock fleet as it's more Highbridge than Pines. However I do have a Maunsell 3 set and several typical parcels vans, and Evening Star can get a work out on my local club layout, Dewsbury Midland.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 9/28/2018 at 8:54 PM, w124bob said:

Having read the other pages on various tender options and other issues on the 2251's I've decided to get a 9F instead! Probably a scruffy Evening Star as it appeared on loan in 1963. I like a weathering challenge.

How scruffy do you want it? The first one is I think at Templecombe. If you get fed up when you have weathered the loco it looks as if you don't have to bother to do much to the tender!

BR 92220 Evening Star 1963.jpg

9F 2 10 0 92220 Evening Star repairs Cardiff E Dock 24 8 1964.jpg

Edited by phil_sutters
Additional info
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1