Wakefield Model Railway Exhibition 2018

enginelane

Last night Team Wakefield managed to get over the line, just! On the Great Model Railway Challenge. We did not win but thee layout is back in the club rooms. - you did not think that 6 Yorkshirement were just going to leave it at the filming base and we intend to use it to build and amend the layout to exhibition standard. Elements of the layout will be at the show this year with an invitation to come and joint the society, learn and develop new skills and techniques and get West Riding Marine and Stone the sequel out on the road!

More information available from the information point at the show

The guards will be continuing their industrial strike action on Saturday 17th November. Website is showing 30% of Services will be running. LNER and Cross country are currently showing as running as normal. Northern services are unaffected on Friday evening and on Sunday.

Bus numbers from CIty Centre and walking route will be posted later next week. All PAT testing now complete and Stanley crew were certainly buzzing ( well the point motors were! ) last night as they tried out the box of tricks that control the points.

Will they get trains to run before the show? - where have I heard that before?

Update on the Thornes Park Railway taken from twitter feed this evening

The model railway in Thornes Park plans to run every weekend (Sundays at least) through the winter, depending on the weather. It will probably be running on Boxing Day and New Year's Day as well if possible.... facebook.com/22048111133088…

So stroll in the park, visit the Model Railway Show, drink and a bun in the refreshment room and then a ride on the train! Sunday sorted!

Longer range Weather forecast is set for mild, cloudy with 20% chance of a drop of rain on Sunday morning so ideal weather for visiting a Model Railway Show. Thornes Park car park providing free car parking and wonderful grounds to stroll in then make visiting Wakefield Show a must 16/17/18 th Nov

post-9435-0-19453700-1541573673_thumb.jpeg

Edited by enginelane

I was planning on going on the Saturday but due to strike action I’m not sure I’ll make it this year unfortunately

Brian

Story to hear that. Will have a better idea next week what trains are running to and from and at what times. It’s a bumper set of exhibits, would not like you to miss out

Story to hear that. Will have a better idea next week what trains are running to and from and at what times. It’s a bumper set of exhibits, would not like you to miss out

Thanks ,I’m making inquiries now as I always enjoy the show ,this year I’d have my 9year old with me also

So I don’t want to be doing too much messing around

I’ll be going down and seeing what trains will be running to Kirkgate and see if I can make it

Brian

Repeat of Waterworld on GMRC last night and looking around 1.2 million households viewed the episode on the 2 nights shown. Reports of increased footfall into model shops, yes I know it is hard to judge, and increase in magazine sales. If we can just get 1% of that interest appearing at Wakefield next week.

If you have never been to Wakefield then give it a go his year!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

If we can just get 1% of that interest appearing at Wakefield next week.

If you have never been to Wakefield then give it a go his year!

With that in mind and referring to another thread about ‘Customer Service at exhibitions’, and with my tongue very firmly in my cheek, will you be opening early so that you can manage the crowds!

Seriously though, I should be there on Saturday as per usual for what’s shaping up to be a really cracking show this year.

For the last few weeks Mostyn has undergone a thorough preparation for its trip to Wakefield exhibition.

The layout has been erected in our clubroom and cleaned prior to the testing of rolling stock.

The introduction of newly finished stock has caused changes to formations and all these have been proved in testing.

Some of our oldest motive power has had an overhaul. Our Mostyn dock shunter No.2 has a new chassis and the double motored Hornby class 25s have had their motors cleaned and lubricated prior to being tested and their maximum speeds have all been calibrated to a scale 70 mph.

With the introduction of new stock Mostyn's roster at Wakefield will be over 670 which will all be on the layout at the exhibition.

45786810891_f43d698da0_b.jpg20181103_162434 by gavin liddiard, on Flickr

Edited by Gavin Liddiard

For the last few weeks Mostyn has undergone a thorough preparation for its trip to Wakefield exhibition.

The layout has been erected in our clubroom and cleaned prior to the testing of rolling stock.

The introduction of newly finished stock has caused changes to formations and all these have been proved in testing.

Some of our oldest motive power has had an overhaul. Our Mostyn dock shunter No.2 has a new chassis and the double motored Hornby class 25s have had their motors cleaned and lubricated prior to being tested and their maximum speeds have all been calibrated to a scale 70 mph.

With the introduction of new stock Mostyn's roster at Wakefield will be over 670 which will all be on the layout at the exhibition.

45786810891_f43d698da0_b.jpg20181103_162434 by gavin liddiard, on Flickr

Best extend the opening hours to ensure time to run everything!

Good luck to the 5 teams in the GMRC this evening. Team Wakefield did not win although they were in it. Being good Yorkshiremen the layout is back in the clubrooms and an invitation to come to the exhibition and see parts of the layout. We want to take it to exhibition standard and are inviting visitors to sign up and help make this layout an exhibition winner.

Stern faced Steve Flint from PECO is due to be at the show and an opportunity to ask about all the PECO products.

WRMS was featured on Richard Stead’s Show on Radio Leeds yesterday as part of Go vember and try out new ideas. Model Railways is a great hobby with a wide range of skills involved in. If you join a local club it does not have to cost a lot of money.

Why not come along to your local show and see what your local club can offer you

post-9435-0-91554800-1541750723_thumb.jpeg

Edited by enginelane