Mounting Gaugemaster WM1 on baseboard

rope runner

Hi All, 

Hopefully not too much of a difficult question - has anyone here mounted a gaugemaster WM1 output to their baseboard(s) and if so, how?  

The transformer is located in the "plug" and this then locates into a small PCB with jack line in (and corresponding 16V AC/12V DC outputs). The PCB is very small but there is not obvious way to mount this. I am hesitant to drill it as it is very small and the board components run close to the edge of the board. 

Any ideas/previous experience would be greatly appreciated. I can post photos later on today if it's unclear.

Many thanks

Paul A. 

Double sided Sticky Fixers is simplest and so long as the baseboard has been painted or primed they should stick very well (Unpainted/unprimed wood tends to 'suck' the adhesive out of anything stuck to it over time!)

• RMweb Premium

You could use a cable zip tie around it through a couple of holes in the baseboard, or better still, a bracket fastened to the baseboard.

Going slightly off topic, but I often use empty cable ties stapled onto the baseboard. Great for threading wires through and you can tighten them later, once completed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't give the thing house room.  I use decent rectifiers rated at 5 amps or more and forget them, they just work for 30 odd years and have a nice hole in the middle for a screw.   In the unlikely event I used the module I would make an enclosure for it and or attach it with hot glue mainly around the edges of the PCB