Aldersgate buildings 12 Albion

Something new brewing in Aldersgate (why did I resort to that?).

For the end of the first board, a brewery inspired by the Albion Brewery in Whitechapel High Street (most of the site now a Sainsbury's I think but much of the original building still intact).

post-6781-0-13389300-1542573257_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Will you be making the clock tower building?

Shame about all these London breweries we've lost in living memory: watney's Albion brewery, courage's horsleydown, Truman's black eagle, Young's ram, Guinness's park royal, and so on . . . .

G

Edited by grahame

I am going to have a foreshortened version of the yard with gates and the clocktower building will be semi relief on the back scene.  

This will be right at the back and furthest corner of a board, possibly with a little cameo of a truck being checked on the way out of the gate (wouldn't want to "lose" any crates of beer).

Andrew

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Progress so far.  I have taken some liberties with the infilled arch: it was done pretty badly on the original but they didn't have mismatched brick.  I have also put a concrete plinth on the bottom of the wall (pleased if anyone can tell me the real word for this architectural feature!) which isn't in the original.

All looks a bit hairy up close but that's my old school style of modelling.

post-6781-0-33398200-1545342481_thumb.jpg

post-6781-0-29778800-1545342517_thumb.jpg

post-6781-0-52534400-1545342538_thumb.jpg

post-6781-0-58967700-1545342560_thumb.jpg

For those that have been giving it, thanks for your attention!

Andrew

• Like 7

Out of interest, how do you ensure any curves are cut smoothly. Do you do by hand/eye or have a set of edges you can use?

Thanks

I have a compass cutter, particularly useful for mounting board.  

I also have a large selection of old school clear plastic circle and eclipse guides.  My father was a technical illustrator at Ford's before there were computers!

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi George

How did you do the relief details in the top portion? Not sure about the architectural terminology for the said area.

Many Thanks.

They come in a packet from The Range and are bits for people who want to make their own jewellery.  £1 for the pack.  This isn't finished I'll probably add some figures.

Andrew

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

They come in a packet from The Range and are bits for people who want to make their own jewellery.  £1 for the pack.  This isn't finished I'll probably add some figures.

Andrew

Thanks George, I will have a gander, the next time I visit my local Range.