BR MK1 SECOND CLASS BRAKE COACH . CAT.R4609A

Jerryatric

It is a Mk1 BSK in BR Southern green.  First of these knocked out after 1951 and lasted in service in green into the mid 1960s.  You have quite a wide window really but to make it easy, the Southern tended to form a number of their Mk1s into 3 coach sets with a BSK each end of a CK (corridor composite).  Depending on what you intend to use it for, you could do far worse than procure another BSK and a CK and run them behind any BR(S) loco.

Get yourself a cuppa and some crumpets and avail yourself of this really useful site

http://www.semgonline.com/coach/sets.html 

• Like 1

Hornby released this coach along with the 3 other coaches that made up the prototype SR 4 set. The product codes are R4607/08/09 & 09a. All have lights. I don't have to hand the individual coach numbers or set number but Hornby did number the coaches correctly for the set.

• Like 1

That is exactly what I had hoped for . Thank you  I can now search for the others thanks to the help I have received.

Hornby released this coach along with the 3 other coaches that made up the prototype SR 4 set. The product codes are R4607/08/09 & 09a. All have lights. I don't have to hand the individual coach numbers or set number but Hornby did number the coaches correctly for the set.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It is a Mk1 BSK in BR Southern green.  First of these knocked out after 1951 and lasted in service in green into the mid 1960s.  You have quite a wide window really but to make it easy, the Southern tended to form a number of their Mk1s into 3 coach sets with a BSK each end of a CK (corridor composite).  Depending on what you intend to use it for, you could do far worse than procure another BSK and a CK and run them behind any BR(S) loco.

Get yourself a cuppa and some crumpets and avail yourself of this really useful site

http://www.semgonline.com/coach/sets.html 

Not painted green until at least 1956, when built they were Crimson and Cream.

These were Set 869, coaches S34239/S15027/S24305/S34240. From 1952 I believe it was allocated to the 'Man of Kent' service between London and Dover. In the late 1950s/early1960s it was used on Hastings - Birmingham summer services. During alternate weeks it would be stabled at Tyseley and the WR would nick it for the Snow Hill - Wolverhampton stopper in the evening rush hour. Later it lost the SK S24305 and was used as a 3-coach set on West of England services.

• Like 4