DCKits Dapol Sound fitted.....specification?

boxbrownie

• RMweb Premium

I wish to buy a sound fitted 121/122 from DCKits abd sure enough they are on the website ready to order but, there is no information I can see regarding the type of chip, the type of speaker or features of the installation.

Has anyone here bought one of these and have experience of it?

I think all the Legomanbiffo DCC Sound projects are on an ESU Loksound V4 decoder.

A list of the function keys is provided on the website https://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=68&product_id=296

You get to choose the speaker you want when ordering (see the drop-down list on the right on the above page).  I have no experience of this particular sound project.

I wish to buy a sound fitted 121/122 from DCKits abd sure enough they are on the website ready to order but, there is no information I can see regarding the type of chip, the type of speaker or features of the installation.

Has anyone here bought one of these and have experience of it?

What do you want to know?    Decoders ESU V4 Decoder, best speakers are probably 2 x Sugarqubes in Parallel, these can be added and replace any option on the drop down menu.

Charlie      PPS We are at the NEC at the weekend.

• RMweb Premium

What do you want to know?    Decoders ESU V4 Decoder, best speakers are probably 2 x Sugarqubes in Parallel, these can be added and replace any option on the drop down menu.

Charlie      PPS We are at the NEC at the weekend.

The drop down menu only gives the option of three different liveries, no option for different speakers on the 121.

• RMweb Premium

That’s odd, I was looking on the RTR 121 page and it gives no speaker options, although your link is a different page which does.....strange.

Doesn’t appear you can order the 121 RTR with speakers options, just the stand alone decoder.

Edited by boxbrownie

• RMweb Premium

I’ve a 121 which I fitted DC Kits/Biff sound project on ESU v4 chip and two sugarcubes. Fitting it was fairly easy. It does sound like the real thing but the maximum volume is a bit low. It will probably be a lot louder if they fit the sound for you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

you'll not be disappointed!

I bought the Legomanbiffo class 121/122 chip from Charlie at Warley last weekend. 

Very impressed with the sounds.  Takes me back to my childhood!