Etched numberplates Who makes them

Haveing plowed through the web for the last two days looking for replacement cabside number plates for a Old Brassmasters kit built London and North Western prince of Wales class loco I have which has lost its cabside number plates some how, now it was No136 Minerva (well it still is Minerva) but has lost 136.

I know London road models used to do LNWR plates but their is nothing in any form of listing on the web site, anyone have a clue who might have made these plates or better still who does now

Pretty please?

Yep your right Nile I do feel a bit of. deja vu

Your link to the other thread just took me to where I had all ready looked and received no sighting of 136 ! On any of them though admittedly madelmasters the most likely to have made it but has no list or any available plates

So my question still stands with out getting a special which seams a bit mad if it's all ready out there

Edited by Graham456

• 2 weeks later...

Jackson Evans used to do a range of lnwr plates if you can find out who has them now you might get lucky. I think shawplan took them over but whether they are still around I don't know. All the help I can give sorry. Though it might give a starting point

All the best

Steve

Covered in the other thread.

Modelmaster have them, but they've not been reissued.

Best bet is to get in touch with 247 Developments or Narrow Planet they'll do the

Jason

Go on then steam port show and tell me exactly where in the other thread where the peticular plate No 136 is quoted ? As being made by which particular manufacture !

And in a previous post I quoted I didn't see the point of getting a special made ias it is all ready made, but quite often I find people don't really READ posts

Hi steamport did model master take them from shawplan? Its a pity they haven't released them. Another good range of the market!

No idea, I always thought Shawplan are Modern Image.

This is Modelmaster/Jackson Evans.

https://modelmaster.uk/4-etched-loco-nameplates

Some of the other etches (not plates) ended up with Phoenix.

https://www.phoenix-paints.co.uk/products/jedetail

Jason

Go on then steam port show and tell me exactly where in the other thread where the peticular plate No 136 is quoted ? As being made by which particular manufacture !

And in a previous post I quoted I didn't see the point of getting a special made ias it is all ready made, but quite often I find people don't really READ posts

Well if you don't get it made then you are wasting your own time and ours as NOBODY makes them anymore apart from the manufacturers we've pointed out. We can't help it if the number you want went out of manufacture years ago. 

But if you open your eyes, then look at the page Wellyboots posted two weeks ago.

Put the number in here. Put the scale in and what colour you want. And buy. Simple.

https://shop.narrowplanet.co.uk/collections/number-plate-styles/products/npp-418

A bit of manners would be nice,,,,

Funny thing is I've possibly got that one as well. CBA looking now.

Jason

• RMweb Gold

It seems that this is a bit like searching for the Holy Grail; it may have existed and might still exist but there is next to no hard evidence of it's existence. The Narrow Planet link was provided as a quick way to make the plates for LNWR No.136 actually exist and save a lot of frustration, they are £3.50 unpainted and £4.25 painted which includes postage. So carry on flogging a dead horse if you wish just understand that it had been lead to water but somehow died of dehydration!