Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Recently/currently listening to...

Tim H

Devin Townsend presents Ziltoid the Omniscient. What? A prog-metal concept album about the daydreams of a bored Starbucks employee?

The Mars Volta - Octahedron. The band that sadly imploded last night

Suede - Dog Man Star. Rare case of a band's second album being the best?

Currently listening to Yello "baby". Decided to dig out the LPs and start to record them to the pc/CD using Spin It Again. made me realise what a great old collection I've got and how good my hifi is when you put something decent on it.

Brilliant record, on a par with Yello's Flag, known for the "Race".

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dave Edmunds - Queen of hearts

Creedence Clearwater - Bad moon rising

Steppenwolf - Born to be wild

Burning Bridges - Mike Curb Congregation                      

Edited by Torr Giffard LSWR 1951-71
  • Like 1

Ihsahn - Eremita. Norwegian metal with added sax and Mellotron. The end result sounds like Black Sabbath jamming with King Crimson

Threshold - March of Progress. Classy prog-metal whose biggest fault is it sounds exactly the same as their last album. And the one before that.

He probably wouldn't approve as I was listening using an iPod but

Neil Young and Crazy Horse, Psychedelic Pill

I've got the CD version - it sounds awesome at deafening volume!

If I see the words "Crazy Horse" on a Young release I always get it - I'd love to be in this band.

Best, Pete.

• Like 1

Burning Bridges - Mike Curb Congregation                      

Fabulous song! I downloaded it a couple of years ago, and listen to it if I need a smile put on my face.

"Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of the War of the Worlds. 

Original, re-mastered or re-recorded version?

• Like 1

I just listened to Doctor In Distress, by Who Cares, on YouTube - the song, from 1985, was a fantastically misguided attempt to bring the imperilled Doctor Who into the public consciousness in the manner that Band Aid did with the African famine. As a lifelong fan of Doctor Who, I was surprised that I had no memory of this song from my teens, but having listened to the first minute or so, I can only conclude that a) no radio station would play it, or b ) my brain expunged it from my memory in terror. If you are tempted to have a listen yourself, don't. Seriously, don't - you may never recover!

Edited by Obi-Jiff Kenobi

• 2 weeks later...