The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

What’s on your Christmas list this year?

MrTea

• RMweb Premium

I’m hoping I’ve put this in the right place (Mods please move if not) and that it’s not duplicating another thread somewhere...

Just interested to know what other RMWEBers are hoping Santa will bring for them to open on Christmas morning?

I saw this the other day:

Normally I don’t really like the unboxing bit of unboxing videos, but this reminded me of the excitement of being 8 years old and finding the present that looked to be the right size to be the new loco I’d been waiting for for the past 6 months!

The loco featured must be one of the best presents an RhB steam fan could wish for!

Merry Christmas everyone.

Ian

• Like 1

My other half and I have done all our shopping and bought each other exactly what was asked for :

From me to her - lots of 'create and craft' gear such as dies, stamps, stencils, and inks, a new 'cut 'n' boss' embossing machine, bottles of her favourite tipples and an operation to have a debilitating cataract removed (actually done last week, just in time to enjoy Christmas, she is now recovering), neither of us wanted to burden the NHS with it and she definitely does not want to wait at least eighteen months while her eyesight gets worse, life is way too short.

From her to me - yet more car books on the Lotus Elan, Europa and Esprit, Marcos GT, '60s and '70s TVRs, the Jaguar XJ-S and a much appreciated and sought after limited edition tome on Lamborghini test driver Bob Wallace, a lifetime's supply of Toblerone, a dvd boxset of 'Inspector Montalbano' and a motley collection of character building sweets and biscuits.

Edited by Rugd1022
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

My other half and I have done all our shopping and bought each other exactly what was asked for :

From me to her - lots of 'create and craft' gear such as dies, stamps, stencils, and inks, a new 'cut 'n' boss' embossing machine, bottles of her favourite tipples and an operation to have a debilitating cataract removed (actually done last week, just in time to enjoy Christmas, she is now recovering), neither of us wanted to burden the NHS with it and she definitely does not want to wait at least eighteen months while her eyesight gets worse, life is way too short.

From her to me - yet more car books on the Lotus Elan, Europa and Esprit, Marcos GT, '60s and '70s TVRs, the Jaguar XJ-S and a much appreciated and sought after limited edition tome on Lamborghini test driver Bob Wallace, a lifetime's supply of Toblerone, a dvd boxset of 'Inspector Montalbano' and a motley collection of character building sweets and biscuits.

What is it about our other halfs being crafty Nidge? Is that a Sissix? Hee hee...

Both mine and Downendians are well in to fabric so more of that here no doubt!

As for me - the pair of freightliner outers I need to complete that 10 wagon set - plus a Black Gulf 100 ton tanker - that takes the rake up to 9, one more needed....

Have a good Christmas one and all!

Phil

• Like 2

... I’m hoping for a banjo ...

Good grief!  Now there's a sentence you don't read very often.

Ahem ...

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/89841-a-gentleman-is-someone-who-knows-how-to-play-the

http://www.jokes4us.com/miscellaneousjokes/musicjokes/banjojokes.html

Edited by spikey

What is it about our other halfs being crafty Nidge? Is that a Sissix? Hee hee...

Both mine and Downendians are well in to fabric so more of that here no doubt!

As for me - the pair of freightliner outers I need to complete that 10 wagon set - plus a Black Gulf 100 ton tanker - that takes the rake up to 9, one more needed....

Have a good Christmas one and all!

Phil

She's very creative Phil, always has been! One of the lads at work's Mrs is also a full on crafter funnily enough.

Cheery yuletide wotsits one and all!