RMweb

Christmas - avoiding it

kevinlms

One of my ambitions is to fly around the world. I've flown London to Tokyo and London to Los Angeles, just need to do the "bit" across the Pacific between the two !!!!!

I love flying (once on the plane and the engines start) - it's just airports that pi** me off.

Happy Christmas to all flyers - even those who will miss it.

Brit15

• Like 1

I once had to fly across the Pacific in a tiny economy class seat.  Terrible torture since you can't assume any position with any kind of comfort.

Nowadays the airports and airlines have managed to suck all vestiges of pleasure out of flying.  I'm staying home.

John

Nowadays the airports and airlines have managed to suck all vestiges of pleasure out of flying.  I'm staying home.

John

Quite, especially if your preferred destination is served by the budget end of the market. 

There seems to be a race to the bottom to really..... annoy..  their passengers. Being reasonably generous at a budgety price you would think would make good marketing. 

Unfortunately I don't think the budget boys would get you out of Christmas whilst airbourne. probably want to sell you Christmas from the trolley.

Andy

Quite, especially if your preferred destination is served by the budget end of the market. 

There seems to be a race to the bottom to really..... annoy..  their passengers. Being reasonably generous at a budgety price you would think would make good marketing. 

Unfortunately I don't think the budget boys would get you out of Christmas whilst airbourne. probably want to sell you Christmas from the trolley.

Andy

I used to travel a great deal, all parts really, when I worked.  Sounds glamourous but the reality is exhausting and tedious.  I'm retired now so I can stop in.

John

• RMweb Gold

I used to travel a great deal, all parts really, when I worked.  Sounds glamourous but the reality is exhausting and tedious.  I'm retired now so I can stop in.

John

My wife had a job which took her all round the world, travelling to Australia and New Zealand by both eastern and western routes, Europe, Africa, North America, Southeast Asia and the Caribbean. She seemed to have gained more knowledge of the world's airports than most of the countries she worked in.

As for Christmas it'd back-to-front for us this year with daughter visiting her in-laws today and we are having our Christmas Day tomorrow, so we took our bikes off for a ride round Dambusters country instead of doing Christmas dinner. We now have some eejit up the road letting off industrial scale fireworks in his back garden. 

Edited by TheSignalEngineer