RMweb

Apologising to eBay sellers

A late update...

Have had responses (measured and polite) which indicate that in my intoxicated state I wasn't as rude as I thought I'd been!  Mind, one seller was perplexed at my comment about Hattons killing his market ... it was for a Freightliner class 57, and I don't think Hattons have plans to make that one!

The copy and paste function for a grovelling apology has proven so very useful... LOL!

As for blaming my friends ... of course I acknowledge that I could at any time have said no to another top up, but as I normally live an almost teetotal existence the point at which I could make the decision to decline was rapidly overtaken by the effects of the alcohol I was drinking.  [I suppose I was a little like Ford Prefect when drinking "That Old Janx Spirit" and attempting to play psychokenetic games, when the known effect of "That Old Janx Spirit" is that it immediately dampens psychokinetic powers. Like Ford, I guess I too played to lose! (HHGTTG)]

Definitely lifted the lid on the id - as I've had more responses I've noticed that I have made a lot of comments about (IMHO) overpricing items, especially when looking at newer, better detailed and mechanically superior versions of the same with literally £10 difference in cost to those being asked on eBay for secondhand items.

I also discovered I put some (insultingly) low bids on some BuyItNow or BestOffer items ... after all, my bids might just be the best offer they got! One seller thought I had missed "1" off the front of my two digit bid, and said that a bid of that amount would be acceptable.  Thankfully I put silly low bids in and not silly high ones!

Lesson learnt - no more eBaying when on the sauce.

Thanks for all the kind responses and words of advice!

Steve

• RMweb Gold

Do you intend to purchase any of the items you sent messages for? No? Forget about it then and move on.  :)

On 24/02/2019 at 11:39, kevinlms said:

An interesting concept. How is it possible to know if it's been 'read' or not?

Some people automatically send a reply back to say it's been read, which isn't actually true, as its impossible to know if its been read at all, let alone understood.

Any examples of ones which can be unsent?

People don't automatically send the read receipt, the mail system does that once the mail is open but only if a read receipt has been requested. And yes, of course it only indicates the email has been opened, not physically read by the recipient but getting rather pedantic. Unless you're in the habit of opening and closing mails immediately or selecting them and marking "as read" without actually reading them, then it's a moot point. 

Microsoft Exchange can recall mails. It will check if the mail in the recipient's inbox is marked as Read or Unread and recall it if Unread.

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, rob D2 said:

Never go near the internet when pis......

I’ve lost a wife and a fortune that way

So only a 50% success rate then...  

• Funny 2