New(ish) book about pre nationalisation LMS and SR Coaches

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

I saw this HUgh Lonworth book at the Lincoln Show and have had some information from a kind webber about the contents. It would seem this Volume is much more LMS than SR (more coaches to cover?) and I was wondering what opinions there were from folk here on the SRG in its' contents value compared to King and Gould? I love books, however, at £40 I am just a little hesitant at the moment as I am not sure I can justify this when I have quite a good reference collection already. 

Thanks

Phil

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Wickham Green said:

This book seems to have its own thread already : www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/126639-hugh-longworths-book-on-pre-nationalisation-coaching-stock/ ............ must admit I wasn't aware of it until you posted though !

Yes thank you, I saw that thread but it doesn't really give me the info I need as it is mostly excitable Midland  enthusiasts that seem to be involved.

P

Also SpeedyHen.

https://www.speedyhen.com/Product/Hugh-Longworth/British-Railways-Pre-Nationalisation-Coaching-Stock-Volume-2-LMS--SR--2/23486233

I still buy books from proper bookshops and heritage railways. But I might as well get a bargain if everyone else is.

If anyone is desperately looking for a copy Ian Allan in Birmingham had them. Beware though it's quite a weighty book. The reason I was put off buying it there and then was carrying it all the way home to Liverpool by train.

Jason

• Like 1