The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Rugby Union

tigerburnie

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, tigerburnie said:

Come on you Tigerrrrrrrrrssssssssss(not exactly filled with confidence, but we really do need some points here and history would show we usually do well at the Stoop, but this year is far from usual for us).

Amen to that from the other remaining Tigers supporter.

Dave

European cup final this weekend in Newcastle, who ironically won't be competing next season due to relegation, kind of cruel really. Saracens against Leinster, so I feel obliged to wish good things on the British side and a bit of hard luck to the Irish one(should be a good game actually, two good sides).

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 03/05/2019 at 08:47, tigerburnie said:

Come on you Tigerrrrrrrrrssssssssss(not exactly filled with confidence, but we really do need some points here and history would show we usually do well at the Stoop, but this year is far from usual for us).

And RELAX you poor sufferers. TBH, a season wouldn't be the same without Saints v Tigers derbies.

• Like 2

We have had some key players missing and it would seem we have some new ones coming in, including two former Leicester academy lads coming back, so maybe next year will be better. Barf at home next weekend will be a chance to show the home fans some resolve...………….hopefully.

• Agree 1

• 4 months later...

Well the lower leagues have begun and there's a world cup round the corner(a big corner to Japan), my old club Leicester Lions were level transferred to National 2 South and had a very good win against one of the favourites for the top end of the league, so better after the opening loss away in Kent. No idea how England will do in the WC, we have players good enough to win it, just not convinced we have the right man as the head coach.

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, tigerburnie said:

No idea how England will do in the WC, we have players good enough to win it, just not convinced we have the right man as the head coach.

All-Blacks have the killer instinct and will win, beating Australia. England may get to the semis, Wales will get there too. I suspect Ireland won't and I don't think France are up to it. Late charges from Springboks and Pumas may throw my predictions.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Kingzance said:

All-Blacks have the killer instinct and will win, beating Australia. England may get to the semis, Wales will get there too. I suspect Ireland won't and I don't think France are up to it. Late charges from Springboks and Pumas may throw my predictions.

South Africa are my pick.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Kingzance said:

England, Wales and Australia cant all all get to the semis. Assuming all three qualify, England will meet one or the other in the Quarter finals.

Last time I looked the bookies had the All Blacks as favourites at 5-4 and England and the Springboks were joint second at 4-1.

Its probably the closest World Cup ever.  My hopes, if not necessarily my expectations, are once again with England!

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, john dew said:

England, Wales and Australia cant all all get to the semis. Assuming all three qualify, England will meet one or the other in the Quarter finals.

Last time I looked the bookies had the All Blacks as favourites at 5-4 and England and the Springboks were joint second at 4-1.

Its probably the closest World Cup ever.  My hopes, if not necessarily my expectations, are once again with England!

I hedged my bets John by saying that England MAY get to the semis and, like you, that is my heart's choice whilst my head goes for the wonderful sporting nation, New Zealand.

• Like 2

Wales don't know how to win away from home, they may have passed their peak with this side, ditto Ireland, whereas England haven't found their form yet. France are coming together, but possibly this WC has come too soon for them. South Africa and Australia have some how lost their aura and no one really fears them any more. Argentina are inconsistent, they might win, or they fall away, Japan as hosts will be game and the USA might surprise a couple of sides, I'd like to see a Pacific Islands side do well, but their best players have been pinched by other nations over the years and are left isolated by SANZAR and the 6 Nations sides.

England should make the final, but somehow I don't think they will and I just don't think Eddie Jones is up to the job, he failed in 2003 at home(I can still see the look on his and the Aussie PM's faces when Martin Johnson lifted the cup).

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Which team scored the first try in the 2019 World Cup?  A quiz question for the future.

I hear Nigel Owens is whittering away as usual even though it’s Japan v Russia.

Wittering?

Every game he treats the same way, he is in charge so behave.

Everything gets a clear explanation for the guys on the field and the TV audiences. 

May he witter to his hearts content...

• Agree 8

Well not too bad a game for England, firstly though I must congratulate the Kiwi referee, one of the best performances by a set of officials I have ever seen, they got it right and were fair to both sides, the TMO was also not trying to run the show from the car park, unlike a lot of the ones we have.

• Agree 2

Wales won comfortably, but they are being embarrassed all over the park, their front 5 beaten up, a 20 year old scrum half puts George North on his backside, they will struggle against Australia if they play like this.

Edited by tigerburnie
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, tigerburnie said:

Wales won comfortably, but they are being embarrassed all over the park, their front 5 beaten up, a 20 year old scrum half puts George North on his backside, they will struggle against Australia if they play like this.

Well, if AUS play like they did in the first half against Fiji it could be a close game between two under-performing teams. If they play like they did in the second half you are probably right.

• Agree 1

Well the England performance was better, the USA were game but lacked the technical skills to trouble England, there are still signs of indiscipline from England, but all in all, they are in a good place for the next game which will be a much tougher challenge. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1