Message to EU customers re Brexit

Mike Harvey

• RMweb Gold
On 17/03/2019 at 09:46, Ben A said:

Hi Mike,

But isn't that the point?  The Swiss are in the single market.  At this point - and with barely a fortnight to go - we have no idea where we are going to be..

cheers

Ben A.

I disagree, we do have a lot of ideas and we do know where we are.

we will be in the UK, with the same government and spending pounds.

(I’ve tried to make the below as “on the fence” as possible - it’s not meant to be interpreted as in or out - it’s not a decision in my power to influence, only a decision I can react to).

The price we pay will be a global decision on the £’s value afterwards.

What gets imported depends either on EU rules, or whatever rules the UK makes a decision to apply afterwards.

Exports similarly is a decision on what rules the EU decides to apply.

If both chose to start with a retribution trade war that’s their decision.

Border controls on imports will be a decision to either continue as today or a UK govt decision of whether it chooses to do something different.. they can make a decision to do nothing either in or out.

The issue as I see it isn’t ideas....

it’s decisions..that’s what we don’t have.

no one is able to make any, inside or outside the house. They are scared, Business is scared, Europe is scared, Everyone is scared, it’s like Germany in the 1930s. Only  this time it’s an economic war and the whole 650 leadership team is questionable from top to bottom and on all sides.

As a leader, if you can’t make up your mind, the sensible thing is to ask for advice, otherwise just make a decision and be responsible and accountable for the consequences.

No decision will be the right or the wrong one, it just needs to be very justified, very direct and make strong momentum towards a positive manner as it should over time reduce the negative...indecision is not that.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2