Ash Lane

georgeT

George, between yourself and Andy P the pace of progress is relentless around here! Puts the rest of us to shame who just about get around to pulling out a pencil and paper to doodle some ideas! :rofl:

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Hi George, looking fowards to seeing it all in person.

Hi Martin, you have excellent musical taste. I usually have Yes playing when I am working on the layout.

Cheers, Ade.

Looking forward to seeing you all, will have a good old chinwag ..

• Like 1

It's the other way round Martin, when he leaves my head is spinning with idea's Hahahaha, anyway l have an electrical problem that l can't find yet so l hope the wizard of model railway's can show and fix my error ?

Anyway on the layout l can't seem fit all the bit's in that l wanted, just don't have the room, so a major re-think was needed, l decided to use the O gauge point's l had made a few year's ago, just needed adjusting to get them to fit, also l have gone for  a small brewery environment now with some warehouse front's and small platform's just a little shunting plank really, but should be fun to play with, also the name of 'Ash Lane' will be dropped in favour of 'Abbot's Mead'

DSC04886.JPG

DSC04887.JPG

DSC04888.JPG

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

I had the pleasure of having a play with this little layout this afternoon. George had sorted out the electrical problem.

Maybe one day I might make something similar with the off cuts of plywood I have left. But I would need some soldering lessons first!

Cheers, Ade.

• Like 2

On 30/03/2019 at 20:20, Adrian Stevenson said:

I had the pleasure of having a play with this little layout this afternoon. George had sorted out the electrical problem.

Maybe one day I might make something similar with the off cuts of plywood I have left. But I would need some soldering lessons first!

Cheers, Ade.

Cheers Ade, lt was great to see you enjoying shunting around the yard on both layout's, as to the soldering topic just remember that solder is only a glue after all, and it's not a big dark secret, the thing's you need to have are HEAT up to 60watts - both part's are CLEAN - 145 degree solder / flux & lot's of CONFIDENCE. 

On 29/03/2019 at 09:01, georgeT said:

It's the other way round Martin, when he leaves my head is spinning with idea's Hahahaha, anyway l have an electrical problem that l can't find yet so l hope the wizard of model railway's can show and fix my error ?

Anyway on the layout l can't seem fit all the bit's in that l wanted, just don't have the room, so a major re-think was needed, l decided to use the O gauge point's l had made a few year's ago, just needed adjusting to get them to fit, also l have gone for  a small brewery environment now with some warehouse front's and small platform's just a little shunting plank really, but should be fun to play with, also the name of 'Ash Lane' will be dropped in favour of 'Abbot's Mead'

DSC04886.JPG

DSC04887.JPG

DSC04888.JPG

George,

Sounds great for shuffling a few wagons around. That trackwork looks superb - I am always in awe of those with the skill to be able to undertake such work to such high standards. Nicely weathered van there too!

As ever, I am enjoying following your progress. 

David

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1