Digikeijs DR5000 + Lenz LZV100 + Traincontroller

RFS

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Graham Radish said:

Yup the DR5000 Is a massively underrated interface box, it basically does everything that units three times the price do and then some, mines not been switched off in 19 months and never crashed once, so those claiming unreliability issues are either using cheap cat5 cables or dodgy power supplies, since the dr5000 is basically a digitrax system protocol in traincontroller and jmri its winner winner chicken dinner, ill part with mine when nelson gets his eye back. there is absolutely no need to spend over 350 quid at all. the digikeijs ecosystem is wonderful, they cater for absolutely everything. just because the odd 1 or 2 people have had problems doesnt mean its a bad product lol, im wondering how many on here have had issues with the z21, no electronics are immune no matter the price. my x570 pc motherboard cost £600 and lasted just over 3 hours.

Total b*llshit.

Maybe I should send my "dodgy" PSUs back to Digikeijs, whence they came (both of them, that were supplied with the units)

I also use high quality LAN cables which work fine with Lenz and Roco kit.

I have had two DR5000 and both behaved exactly the same. They were made several years apart, the first came with firmware 1.1.1, and the second with 1.4.8

Instead of slinging insults towards others maybe you should accept that there have been several issues with the device and not just using LAN cables, even when using USB connection and wireless connectivity.

Maybe you should stick to your epithet "We're in this together, be nice.":)

12 hours ago, Graham Radish said:

Yup the DR5000 Is a massively underrated interface box, it basically does everything that units three times the price do and then some, mines not been switched off in 19 months and never crashed once, so those claiming unreliability issues are either using cheap cat5 cables or dodgy power supplies, since the dr5000 is basically a digitrax system protocol in traincontroller and jmri its winner winner chicken dinner, ill part with mine when nelson gets his eye back. there is absolutely no need to spend over 350 quid at all. the digikeijs ecosystem is wonderful, they cater for absolutely everything. just because the odd 1 or 2 people have had problems doesnt mean its a bad product lol, im wondering how many on here have had issues with the z21, no electronics are immune no matter the price. my x570 pc motherboard cost £600 and lasted just over 3 hours.

What a load of rubbish - the DR5000 is cheap for a reason, and that cheapness brings unreliability and problems for users.

I have tried 2 of these units, one of which failed catastrophically after a few months and the other was simply so unreliable it was consigned to history unlike my Z21s which are so good they are in a drawer, unseen and untouched because they work with 100% reliability.

Your experience is good for you but it most definitely is not reflective of other people and this thread simply goes to show how awkward and difficult it can be to use.

Well whatever problems they had seem to be all sorted out now, but i have never had any issues with mine whatsoever neither has a friend of mine so i cannot understand why they get such hate here, it works perfect in traincontroller too, there are loads of users out there that mirror my experiences with this system.

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, Graham Radish said:

Well whatever problems they had seem to be all sorted out now, but i have never had any issues with mine whatsoever neither has a friend of mine so i cannot understand why they get such hate here, it works perfect in traincontroller too, there are loads of users out there that mirror my experiences with this system.

Not on mine, whatever firmware was installed.

That's why I just use the DR5000 for general testing, It's just not stable enough for Train Controller use.

A good indicator of how under-developed it was when released has been the sheer volume of firmware updates, either adding features that weren't there but should have been, or fixing numerous bugs.

It is a great piece of kit on paper, which I eagerly adopted when it first appeared but later started to regret it, even a second purchase some years later when I thought the first had actually gone faulty (well out of warranty) didn't change my opinion as it exhibited exactly the same characterstics from new with later firmware.

• RMweb Premium
On 14/09/2020 at 01:32, Anthony James said:

Hello

I have tried to change as many things as possible to get a result, here is the latest, not really good enough, maybe it is the wiring or something?

Anthony

20200913_151845.jpg

See my topic on the DR5000: