Signal Box (Hornby's new monthly YouTube series)

MGR Hooper!

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, robmcg said:

and they even use Bachmann models, what a Broad Church we have!

Image3.jpg.c321da14212d9c4b79dce1633a8efc8b.jpg

I'm sure 506 Butler Henderson was pretty much a Hornby model, well... almost.  :)

That’s more showing them scanning the 71 in the foreground Rob lol. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Very impressed with the latest episode. Nice up close looks at a few different models and a chat about the development of Eurostar. They are improving greatly. Finding their feet now. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I see they're shooting him head'n'shoulders this time to minimise the hand flapping, even though a few fingertips get into shot on his wilder excursions.  And that word "iconic", nothing "iconic" about anything in the presentation, unless we're talking about SK...  And that brings us to FS - is that a hump in the running plate just ahead of the centre drivers?  (at about 2:43) They could have chosen a better example!

I'm still not convinced, sometimes Signal Box just seems like an unboxing video, then again, that might be the target audience they're aiming at!

Edited by Hroth
Just thought of something...
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Hroth said:

I'm still not convinced, sometimes Signal Box just seems like an unboxing video, then again, that might be the target audience they're aiming at!

You're completely right. However, that's the entire point about the Signal Box; to keep Hornby in the public eye. I wish them well.  To be fair, the title could be 'The Shunters Boot' , and it would work to a degree. I understand the next subject matter is Molly (19) who works the tea trolley at 15:00 hours, and talks about the new clerestory short coaches  in North Eastern tourist livery. Does it really matter? No, not really. It's all about publicity.

Have a great day, folks,

Ian.

• Like 3

On 07/08/2019 at 12:44, Hilux5972 said:

Very impressed with the latest episode. Nice up close looks at a few different models and a chat about the development of Eurostar. They are improving greatly. Finding their feet now. 

Hopefully they kept learning and improve this side of things. Although it has improved there seems to be still a few mistakes to learn from in there latest one for instance there was a slightly wrong announcement in the beginning of the video saying Network Rail instead of Northern Class 156 also in the running shots of the 156 they connected the two cars the wrong way.

8 hours ago, sc2016 said:

Hopefully they kept learning and improve this side of things. Although it has improved there seems to be still a few mistakes to learn from in there latest one for instance there was a slightly wrong announcement in the beginning of the video saying Network Rail instead of Northern Class 156 also in the running shots of the 156 they connected the two cars the wrong way.

And they've acknowledged the mistake publicly and stated that it was too late the shoot those segments again. So they knew it, they even accepted it and that shows they know what they're doing.

On ‎06‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 19:33, adb968008 said:

Ive got a 100 mk1’s, plus probably another 200 of different types / liveries, but i’m intrigued..

138 crimson/Cream Staniers.. what are you trying to model ?

Would there ever be a situation 138 Stainers would be in a station or even a  carriage siding at anyone time, let alone anything else.

What are you doing for catering vehicles ?

re the Stanier Open, Replica have modelled this and it sits well with my Hornby staniers, at least in maroon.

Chester general. 138 (now 145) will comprise of many summertime specials and the existing timetabled trains. The North Wales coast was very busy in the summer months, so the number of Hornby coaches will be accompanied by various catering vehicles and Period 1 and 2 coaches (which are hand built). I also have over 00 locomotives. My shed is 70 feet long....

So, I won't be using all the locomotives, of course as a number of them have been superseded by the latest models.

Oh and yes I have Eastern coaches, Western coaches and Southern coaches, all of which appeared in Chester. Plus, of course a goodly amount of mk 1's

I have been acquiring stock for many years.

Thank you for your interest.

Best wishes

Andy

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, 46127 said:

Chester general. 138 (now 145) will comprise of many summertime specials and the existing timetabled trains. The North Wales coast was very busy in the summer months, so the number of Hornby coaches will be accompanied by various catering vehicles and Period 1 and 2 coaches (which are hand built). I also have over 00 locomotives. My shed is 70 feet long....

So, I won't be using all the locomotives, of course as a number of them have been superseded by the latest models.

Oh and yes I have Eastern coaches, Western coaches and Southern coaches, all of which appeared in Chester. Plus, of course a goodly amount of mk 1's

I have been acquiring stock for many years.

Thank you for your interest.

Best wishes

Andy

Big place, Chester. I looked around the signal boxes in the 1970's, very impressive.