East Leake and Rothley Railway. Formerly Dumbarton and Rothley Station.

iankemp

Just been looking through your thread again, looking really good!

A while back you mention items you have for sale, is the BSK coach still available?

James

i will have to check the box tomorrow as i am with my g/f at the moment! Soon as i find out will message you!

Anyway back to the layout! Here is a few pictures of the latest!

IMAG0205.jpg

This was to test fit All i need to do now is do the other windows but i may give them the bricked up look as with the original.

IMAG0206.jpg

This is the stairwell that i have made from scratch. 17 steps on the top section of steps then a half way slab, then 16 steps to street level.

IMAG0207.jpg

Vitrains 37401 pulling up to the light with a parcel train

IMAG0208.jpg

Same again 37401 waiting for the green.

IMAG0209.jpg

37401 waiting at the light for the go ahead

IMAG0210.jpg

46053 with a rake of MK2's

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all here is a new project i am building at the moment for my layout.

IMAG0262.jpg

IMAG0263.jpg

IMAG0264.jpg

This last pic is of the original signal box, there is still remnents of the signal box still there.

IMAG0265.jpg

I have done so much of the fron but i am slowly struggling to get an idea to what the front looks like. I think i may have to use a bit of the "modellers license" and use some imagination.

• Like 1

Well i have been on bit of a spending spree,

I have now taken the first steps to go to DCC by buying a Bachmann Dynamis. (£82 off ebay lastnight!) Very pleased with that one indeedy! someone paid over £105.49 including postage.

Also i have been buying more materials in for the signal box. Some of the materials can be used for making a footpath to it from the station platform across the tracks. Which i don't think it would be that way then, but using modellers license i may do it that way. I have had a nosey round that area and i can't see any steps or door ways on the remnants of the old signal box.

I have now got a nice rake of 10 open railfreight wagons now so i don't think i need anymore of them. The next will be to buy some VDA wagons whilst buying materials. I have taken to recycling old tea leaves out of teabags for scenary stuff. They are dried out first though. Much cheaper than buying the dark scenary stuff though. One way of recycling! icon_biggrin.gif

I will at some point be starting work on the next board which will be cut and lifted to the level of the other board. On the ground level it will have a shed area (i know that wasn't in that area, Modellers License again). Hopefully it will become the diesel shed for the 40+ locos but i know alot of them won't be on the layout. I may (begrudgingly) part with some of the peaks i have got. I have got about 14 or 15 peaks. I seem to have gained alot of class 37's as well. I think there is about 9 or 10 of them. 6 or 7 class 25's. 7 or 8 class 20's. 2 class 31's, 2 class 47's, 1 class 56, 2 class 08's, 2 class 40's, 1 class 86, 1 class 81 (early model) they maybe a few class's i have missed. That is gonna be a lot of decoders needed to be bought. Then i will be having to start on the steam collection.

3 NRM model Oliver Cromwell Sir Lamiel and Flying Scotsman, Duchess of Sutherland, City of Nottingham, Princess Elizabeth/Margerate Rose, Bodecia, Pendennis Castle, Manor hall, Witherslack hall, 46521, 3f, Tornado, Great Central, Mallard, Green Arrow, Winston Churchill, Brocklebank line, More will be added when and if i can remember anymore. I have too many now.

here is a major update on the signal box i am scratch building

IMAG0268.jpg

IMAG0269.jpg

IMAG0270.jpg

IMAG0271.jpg

The shape of this signal box was built like this so that it would fit inbetween the embankment and the block of flats that used to be there before they knocked them down and replaced it with a public house.

IMAG0272.jpg

IMAG0273.jpg

these 2 last pictures have got a partially made roof on. I will be buying a signal box internal kit and a member of the signal box staff (no i don't mean a real person!! LOL!!) for it before i glue the roof on.

• Like 1

The box is nearly done. Just the brick work and the interior to do.

IMAG0274.jpg

IMAG0275.jpg

IMAG0276.jpg

IMAG0277.jpg

Oh yeah and the weathering on the outside. i have just got to do the other bit that will attach to the bit near the door under the stairs.

The Nearly finished Signal box. All i have got to do now is buy the interior furniture and weather it up a bit to darken the plastic.

IMAG0278.jpg

IMAG0279.jpg

IMAG0281.jpg

IMAG0282.jpg

I have used modellers license a bit with the stairs as the original didn't have steps down to ground level. The only reason this is, is because i cut the stairs a bit to short so i have adapted it. I will be putting hand rails on the steps that have none.

Someone was wanting to see the box in situ. As i have put it on the layout tempory fixture for now till i can get on to do more on the layout..

IMAG0286.jpg

IMAG0285.jpg

IMAG0284.jpg

IMAG0283.jpg

all i need to do is paint it and do the interior but at the moment money has become an issue for now! So the bits i have got is gonna have to be used up and when money is better i will have to restock.

Work has now turned to the track side of things now. I have been ballasting, I did some last night (big mistake doing it late at night). It is slowly coming on. I have managed to do nearly 8ft of it so far. The only problem is that it was sunny and warm today up here in Scotland, ( I know very strange saying that). And it has baked it on as the bit i did is sat right under the window as that is the bit that i did first and got it how i wanted it. The only problem being is that i have ran a wagon up and down that bit and it is so bumpy, i have cleaned the track but it is just inside the rails that i have noticed where it is stuck. I have got a scraper out and run it on the inside of the rails it seems to have shifted some of it. I have also found that if you use old tea leaves that have dried out and glue it down it looks good as soil but i will be adding some greener stuff to it so it looks like there is weeds growing on it. I made a bit of a mistake as well i had to cut out a bit of the board that is to have the signal box in so it sits level with the bridge girder. When taking the board off i forgot that i had the signal on there and that became a casualty but i soon patched it back up with some rewiring and solder(not tested it yet but will do soon)!!!

Oh i forgot to mention that my lovely girlfriend has bought me a loco. And i have another peak to the collection. Not an DCC 8 pin decoder one this but a 21 pin one (good job as i have a spare 21 pin decoder). I am going to be after more 8 pin decoders. The Peak is Class 45 120 £49.99 from Modelzone online!

Oh i forgot to mention that my lovely girlfriend has bought me a loco. And i have another peak to the collection. Not an DCC 8 pin decoder one this but a 21 pin one (good job as i have a spare 21 pin decoder). I am going to be after more 8 pin decoders. The Peak is Class 45 120 £49.99 from Modelzone online!

http://www.modelzone.co.uk/Bachmann-cla ... boxes.html

I thought this was a very good price for a loco that will take up my spare 21 decoder. I have got 9 peaks that will require 8 pin decoders and then about 5 that will require hard wiring.

Then i will need more 8 pin decoders for the rest of the fleet! 2 Class 20's (i have 2 that takes 21 pin decoders) 1 Class 25, 3 Class 37, 2 Class 40's and then more 8 pin decoders for loco's that need to be hard wired in, which is roughly about 10 or so more. Oh then i will start on the steam loco's i have got. But some will need working out as they are the old Bachmann and mainline style!

I have seem to have collected more loco's than wagons, coaches etc

I thought this was a very good price for a loco that will take up my spare 21 decoder. I have got 9 peaks that will require 8 pin decoders and then about 5 that will require hard wiring.

Then i will need more 8 pin decoders for the rest of the fleet! 2 Class 20's (i have 2 that takes 21 pin decoders) 1 Class 25, 3 Class 37, 2 Class 40's and then more 8 pin decoders for loco's that need to be hard wired in, which is roughly about 10 or so more. Oh then i will start on the steam loco's i have got. But some will need working out as they are the old Bachmann and mainline style!

I have seem to have collected more loco's than wagons, coaches etc

Work has actually be done on the layout. More ballasting has been done and some scenic stuff has done! I have managed to get all the way up to the platform done. The area looks so different now. Used dry tea leaves come quite in usefull! I have also built a wagon kit that i found in a box, i forgot how much fun it is to build them! And i have also detailed the new addition Class 45. It also has had the decoder put in that i had spare and that has been programmed!

IMAG0317.jpg

IMAG0316.jpg

IMAG0315.jpg

IMAG0314.jpg

IMAG0313-1.jpg

IMAG0312-1.jpg

IMAG0311.jpg

IMAG0310-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

IMAG0347.jpg

IMAG0346.jpg

IMAG0345.jpg

IMAG0344.jpg

IMAG0343.jpg

IMAG0342.jpg

IMAG0354.jpg

IMAG0341.jpg

IMAG0334.jpg

This is what i have been doing on the Black 5 detailing with the Brassmasters kit!

I have started doing the detailing for the inside of the signal box. I will also be building the Ratio kit for the midland signal box and the detail for the inside as well soon as i get the kits for them!

IMAG0355.jpg

Some of the parts that i have got left to put together!!

IMAG0356.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have got this LMS Black 5 loco/coach set for sale

I am asking for £90 +£8.50 p&p

It is in good working order as i have not used it. The detailing parts are all there. I originally bought it just for the loco thinking it was the one like the one i have got. I even have the original packaging for it still. It will be sent 1st class recorded so you will need to sign for it and the tracking number will be supplied for it.

post-1121-0-19965100-1344095192.jpg

Edited by iankemp

Work is slowly continuing behind the scenes, I have bought a midland style signal box and interior detailing which has been built. I have painted the exterior and i will at some point build the interior detailing.

Some more work has been done on the black 5. All is needed is a lick of paint now.

Unfortunately the work space has slowly been getting smaller and smaller so i spent over an hour putting stuff away that has not been used. (bad habit of leaving stuff out!) I have also painted the midland style fencing to which will be attached to the other that is on the layout!

Hopefully sometime this week i will be getting the next board attached and got ready as there is a bit that continues the down hill (up hill pending on how you look at it! lol) So that is needed marking out and cut. And then i can try and get the track work sorted out!

• 4 weeks later...

Well i have bitten the bullet and bought my first sound decoder and speaker. It is for one of my peaks that i have got so many of! I am not sure which one i want to put it in yet, the only thing is i can't put it in my new peak as that is a 21 pin decoder and the other ones are 8 pins. I have thoughts of putting it in my green D4 Great Gable. I will be saving up to get a 21 pin version of it. It is a LokSound one which i bought off a website. I saw some on ebay the other week so when i thought of getting one this week they had all gone.