East Leake and Rothley Railway. Formerly Dumbarton and Rothley Station.

iankemp

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
My latest challenge this week has been the shed roof. I have been having to cut out a hole for the sky light to go in. I have been making it look more realistic instead of leaving it as it was. I am using the wills corrugated clear stuff and the Slaters corrugated sheets of plastic.

This is a pic to compare the 2 looks. The one on the right looks so much better!

IMAG0161_zps03fdb74c.jpg

Edited by iankemp

• 3 months later...

A new project is going to be sat on the work table soon. 

It will be a class 44 ( D1 ) shell and it will be having split head code boxes put on it. It will be turned into D11 (45122) as that was the transition between the 44  and 45. I have seen pictures of the loco and i thought it would look great sat on the shed as a preserved loco. If the real one was not preserved, i thought it would be good to show what it could look like if it was!

post-1121-0-35645400-1372035545_thumb.jpg

Here is the pic to show what i mean about it being a cross between a 44 and a 45. 

The parts have now arrived, And the project to recreate D11 is now going to be underway soon. I bought the parts from Petersspares off ebay. The chassis will may come off D1 or D4 (D4 is another one i created like D8 as well) All i have to do is swap bodies on 44008 for it to run. 

But anyway D11 is the one i will be doing. Petersspares do the front headcode boxes and small round lights for the peaks.

• 9 months later...

At the moment I have lost all interest in the model railway at the moment. On the work table is an A4 awaiting the rest of the brassmasters kit going on it. It has been sat there for the last 7 or 8 weeks and no work has been done on it! So I guess I can safely say nothing will be done on my railway anytime in the near future! Thinking of having another clear out!

• 4 weeks later...

There as been a lot of updates on this page. If your on Facebook pop along and see like the page and say hello!

Great Central Railway and Dumbarton Station Model Railway.

• 5 years later...

Things have taken a turn for the worst I'm afraid. Me and my former girlfriend are no longer together. I have now moved back home again but my stuff is in storage. I have however been busy getting more model railway stuff. I have been building a new shed for the steam locomotives. I have decided to keep the Rothley plan but remove the Dumbarton part out and do East Leake instead. Part of the layout has been raised enough for me to do that. I have been making stuff for it. Scratch built Signal box based on the one that was there near the station. It is now known as East Leake and Rothley railway. I also have a YouTube channel with some model locomotives with sound that I now have. Railway_Music_Lover is my user name on there.

20200329_181427.jpg

20190906_011621.jpg

• Like 1